Thursday, July 10, 2008

Let Freedom Ring!

Everyone else was posting their 4th of July events, and so I must follow the movement! I'm kidding, I have been meaning to all week, but a series of unfortunate events has meant not much time for it all! So anyway here is the story!

We started our adventurous weekend on Thursday afternoon. After being stuck in YUCK traffic for 2 hours in Salt Lake we FINALLY made it to Centerville. They had their fireworks that night and it was really fun. Not the most amazing show I have ever witnessed but nothing really compares to the 4th at Mount Rushmore, or Stadium or Fire(even from across the street! who really wants to listen to Miley Cyrus anyway!?) Bailey was interested in the Fireworks for the first 10 minutes, MAYBE and then wanted to run over to this group of little boys and kiss them!

So then on Friday(the 4th) we woke up and went to the Centerville Parade. It was pretty neat. Peter wasn't super stoked to go, but I wanted Bailey to be able to go, even though she didn't care for it whatsoever! I was entertained!




As soon as the Parade was over we hit the road to enjoy a weekend of Allergies, I mean fun!! Peter's Grandma is SOO cute and fun. Every year she throws a Birthday Bash with a different theme. It's her way of being able to celebrate all of her kids, grand kids, and great grand kids birthdays. They have a little cabin right on the shore of Bear Lake, and that's where it is every year the weekend of or after 4th of July. This years theme was Circus.


Peter INSISTED on being an Angry Clown, and was about to have a panic attack when I joked that I wasn't painting his face to be so. I love that the older kids even go all out for it!


Like mother, Like Son. This is Peter's Aunt(above) and Cousin Riley(below) Kay is HILARIOUS!!! I love the chest hair, but the uni-brow has to be my favorite! Hahahaha,.. I can't stop laughing!

Oh Riley, This is SO Riley! He actually wore these shorts for a weekend at Lake Powell with a bunch of friends. I know, it's disturbing, but I had to post it!

Not only is the Birthday Bash loads of fun, but the Lake is right there too, and when you have your cousins with you, it's like a big bag of what I like to call Insta-Fun!

Bailey, this is how you put on Sunscreen! You gotta get the end of your nose, don't forget!

Bear Lake, and the 4th were so fun! We ended up cutting it a few hours short because I wasn't feeling too great but when we left, we were tired from all of the fun! So tired, we could have fallen asleep in freezing cold water in a floatie tube like this!

17 comments:

nickandmindi said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Your little girl is so darling!! Her headband is so cute!! Did you make it? I love it!

me and him said...

so fun. i love that last picture!

Amy C. said...

I have been so sad to have missed out on the Birthday Basha and Bear Lake. Thank you for your photos -it makes me feel like I can still be a part of it. Sorry you had allergies there!

Mel and David said...

Oh, I love love love Bailey! And you are super cute, I love the headband!!! How fun! I wish we were closer.... In August we need to set a day each week/month that is our day, and nobody can cancel!?! Yeah?

Lori said...

I think the pic of Bailey in the sunglasses and cutest 4th of July bow ever... is probably my favorite picture!!! You guys have a way fun family.

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Oh my heck...I love the sunglasses on her...too cute!!!

Lee & Kindra said...

Hey girl! I'm glad you had a happy fourth! Bailey is getting so big!

Tyler & Laura said...

Peter's family sounds like a blast! I want to have a circus party now :)

Gailey Family said...

So fun! Love the circus party idea. Bailey is adorable!

megan and darin said...

you make me excited to be having a girl! where do you get all these cute headbands?

Alex and Anna said...

Those are such funny pictures! i love the unibrow. you have fun inlaws! Bear Lake is so fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey long time no see. I love this blog thing its my new favorite thing! I miss seeing everyone from school so its nice.

Looks like you guys are having lots and lots of fun and your little girl holy adorable little thing!!! She looks a lot like you.

Mason & Laura said...

oh my goodness i LOVE Bailey's outfit and bow!! So festive!! and those pictures of her covering her ears for fireworks...sooo cute! adorable.

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

HEY!!!
I found your blog!! I love it. Your pics are fabulous. It makes me miss you guys even more. I will be back so soon and cant wait to see you! Let's be blogger buddies. :)

P.S/ loved your fruit bouquet. I'm impressed! :)

Amanda said...

Manda, I love your blog, and I love the pictures. I do look at it all the time, even though i'm bad at leaving comments! but more than than your blog and pictures, I just love YOU! you are the best, thanks for being such a great sister...forget the "in-law" part...=)

tiff and chris johnson said...

oh my gosh of COURSE i remember you! I have an entire roll of videos from us ice skating that night haha! and the little kid who was eating ice off the ground. You look so cute!! Your little girl is totally amazing-she really is a beautiful baby! I'm so happy you found me! keep in touch! xoxo

megan and darin said...

Oh my! it is so funny you brought that up because i just saw Travis Jewitt working at the movie theatre the other day, and it made me think of that. Was he a grasshopper or a T-Rex? My best memory of you was on the first day of seminary, we had to go around and say our name and one thing your good at. You said "My name is Amanda Bateman, and im a way good kisser"