Friday, July 25, 2008

Gahhh!

Okay, so this may end up being a ranting a raving post but I am angry.

So today I went to the mall. A good family friend was here this week for a soccer camp at the Y and we went shopping before she left. After all she is from Montana and there isn't good shopping there!! (I usually feel weird saying that, but really,.. there are a few states that really have been forgotten about!) So She is cute and skinny, and 17, and we have a difference in taste, so I went to a few stores that I normally would never stop and wander around in. Well we got the mall a little early and had to wait a little while for the stores to open. (that's how boring my house is!) Bailey was being a beast of the most un-natural kind (which may also have added to my anger) I look over at this little store called 5-7-9. Well I don't really care that they only carry size 5, 7, and 9! Really,.. I don't care! I can embrace my chubby!! I took a little closer look at the window and it says.

We (only) carry size Extra Small, Small and Medium

COME ON!!!!!!! I might wear a size 10, but if you don't want my business put that on your window!!! Not only that but a sign hanging in the window says,..

" Where Medium is the new Large"

Talk about a punch in my chubby face. I understand, Not every store can be a big and tall store,.. and I am fine with that,.. but I am not Tall,.. and I am CERTAINLY not BIG! Maybe I have REVERSE Body Dismorphic Disorder and I am Larger than what I see in the Mirror, but since when did a size 10 become abnormally large and (in my opinion in this case) discriminated against almost.

I admit I may be over reacting, but I can't even tell you how mad it made me. Why don't they just post a sign in front of the door that says,..

"If you are bigger than a medium, please don't come in here,.. we would hate for our clothing to be seen on "fat" people". GAHHHHHHH!!

They did have cute shoes,.. but I won't give them my money!! ( I don't really have any to give them,.. but IF I did!!!)

As for what is new IN the Robbins house hold,..

Bailey sleeping, or lack of sleeping is getting to the best of me. She has decided that it's cool to sleep in Mom and Dad's bed and wakes up EVERY HOUR (infants don't even do that!) and cries, and I don't usually give in until about 4:30a.m. So If you have suggestions that don't include a muzzle(yes I have considered it!) PLEASE share. Right now I feel like I am just starving her and she is just waking up to eat. Last night she downed 30 ounces(I think,.. I lost track after filling her bottle 2 times but I am pretty sure it happened one more time) of milk. She deffinatly doesn't LOOK like she is going with out(she also can't shop at 5-7-9)

We have just been going, going, going, going, having company and going some more. I am ALMOST to the end of my rope with going. I am sure that a lack of sleep isn't helping my attitude about it all. 2 more weekends at Bear Lake(2 down) 1 weekend at SpringHaven and I am sure other things that I can't remember at the moment.

Thanks for listening to my ranting and raving. I hope you all still have your sanity, because I am pretty sure that have lost mine!!!
I feel like I always have to add pictures so here are Bailey's 1 year pictures. Thanks Rachel. My sister-in-law takes Bailey's pictures and they are ALWAYS so amazing! I can't thank her enough!!



16 comments:

Amy C. said...

I love Baily's blue dress. There is far too much pink cloths for girls! I only shopped at 5-7-9 once for a modesty class I did for my mom's YW. They have lots of hoochie clothes there.

Gailey Family said...

Amanda I totally understand the 579 thing. I get bugged too. I also am not a little mini but I dont think I am huge either! But I agree if they dont want anyone large in there then they might as well post it on a big sign in their front window!
Bailey is adorable! I love the new pictures. And dont worry too much about the sleeping thing. Easton did that right after he turned 1. The doc said it was a growth spurt and he was waking hungry because his little body was busy growin! Good Luck. It only lasted 2 weeks for us.

Alysa Stewart said...

you stick to your guns, amanda! hmm, as far as the sleeping thing I don't have any personal experience, but when one of my cousins was a baby she would stand up in her crib and just cry and really work herself up. Eventually they figured out if they could just get her to lay down she would sleep. So, they took some diaper pins and pinned her pajamas to the sheets and she was out like a light! I dunno if you want to try that, but sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. Anyway Bailey is absolutely adorable.

Amanda said...

Manda, those pics are adoooorable! when can i have one??

Tyler & Laura said...

I HATE 579! And heck no, you are NOT chubby! I couldn't even shop at that store when I was in 6th grade! I have noticed other stores being snobbish about sizes too...the Aeropostale here (at the wonderful Logan mall) ONLY sets out the tiniest sizes of jeans and XS, S, and M sizes for tops. Come on, people! It bugs me. I really wanted a sweater but I needed a large and when I asked the salesgirl if they maybe had a large in the back room she looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears. It's a conspiracy!

Mandy said...

Amanda-
I love your cute blog! If I ever get a little girl I am going to have to get some of your cute headbands. Bailey is adorable!!! We should set her up with one of my boys when they are older :)

jon and whit said...

i totally agree!!! i'm definitely not skinny but i'm definitely not huge!! haha & it seems like i can't buy clothes ANYWHERE!!! it's so annoying!

Mel and David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel and David said...

Wow, I am surprised that word vomit of angry emotions didn't come out when we were on the phone and you were putting together this blog.

I love your little bailey and I MISS her, she looks so big standing in that little girl dress.... STOP GROWING GIRLY! I still kinda don't accept the fact that she was even born, or that you are even married, or that we graduated from the 12th grade... geez!

Highschool-- "Don't smile because it's over, cry because it happened!" haha (please say you remember this quote)

Justina Selim said...

Bailey looks so cute! She has gotten bigger since the last time I saw her and it doesn't seem like that was that long ago! I haven't ever liked 579 either!

TC, Ashley said...

Amanda, you are so great. I love your honesty in your posts. I agree with you about 579. That is rediculous. And then we wonder why so many teenage girls have eating disorders? You look great. You are confident and smart and a good example to me. Good luck with Bailey sleeping. I am not quite sure what advice to give you except I know it can be very frustrating. Is she getting her molars? That could be contributing to it.

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

Bailey is simply too cute for words. I love her pics. I can't believe she is already a year old! Very exciting.
I have to admit I have never even heard of the 5-7-9 store... but that is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of!!
I was laughing hard (sorry to say) about Bailey's sleep troubles. You are a really funny person! I love reading your blog. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. See ya in 3 weeks!

Josh and Melissa said...

Bailey is absolutely adorable~ I love the pictures of her. If it's at all comforting, Kate has slept through the night only a handful of times! Good luck!

Holli said...

Your post made me feel a little better about my day. So I went shopping with my sister who is just going into High School today and there was a great sale on bathing suits...yeah I dunno what I was thinking trying some on. It was my first attempt post baby and pretty much not a positive one...Anyway I love your stinkin guts...I wish we were closer so I could play with you!!!

Mel and David said...

You're new colors and family photo is SO CUTE!!!!

Trent & Tara said...

Hey Amanda~ Tara Leavitt from the ward. I have to say that I don't have any advice for you I have only been a mom 2 months now. I was happy to find your blog. I just wanted to tell you thanks again for bringing me dinner after I had Evelyn and for the darling wipe case you made (everyone asks where I bought it) and the cute headbands as well. That was very thoughtful of you. Your so sweet thanks:)