Thursday, August 5, 2010

Maria Elena

This should have come before the last post,.. but I wasn't thinking. 

Anyway,..This is our Foreign Exchange Student Elena.  Really,.. she is my new little sister,.. and my girl's sister.  My girls fell head-over-heals, in love with her.  And so did I.  She was so sweet and so kind, and wonderful to have in our home.  

Some people have asked me about it all, so here are my answers.

A lady(my adopted mom in PG) that I know, was in charge of them coming here, and really spear headed the program and the activities this summer that they would be part of.  She asked me if we would be willing to take a student.  We thought about it, and decided it would be a fun way to get out and see things, and have fun,.... and it really was.  We did some things that we wouldn't have done other wise.  And with our really low key summer last summer, we wanted a good excuse to get out and have a blast.  Elena was a lot of fun, and spoke English amazingly well.  She was very polite, and played with my kids a lot.  We will do it again next summer if Elena comes, or if another student that came this year comes again.  Only because I have grown to know this group and really love them, (not that I wouldn't any different kids)  IF we do it again next summer it will be our last for a little while, as our child baring break will be over.  ANYWAY,.. what it boils down to, is we LOVED it.  But it is kinda difficult with little kids, and nap times.  My mom was a life saver and took my kids while I went and did.  She is amazing. 

Props to my mamma.

We were crying.  I love her.

2 comments:

Newton said...

Oh very cute!!! You would be a great host momma! I want to come on a foreign exchange to your house too!!

Amy C. said...

I love your blog. It always makes me smile. I told Jared I want an exchange student too. He said no.