Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Speaking Bailey-eese

Some times I feel like people need a translator when it comes to communicating with Bailey,.. and just in case you are cool enough to hang with little miss sassy pants,.. you might want to bring this list with you.

-Closer Closer=Closet
-Constance=Jimmney Cricket or a Concience
-Dr. Laura=no idea, but she is often talked about and interjected in Bailey's wild imaginative stories
-DiSPITable=our new family favorite movie,.. Dispicable Me,.. my children are going to grow up to be evil villians. GASP,.. it's not a princess film!  Bailey does a pretty good re-inactment of "IT'S SO FLUFFY"-a pretty darn funny part of the movie.
-We don't eat_____=if you mention pretty much anything Bailey will respond with "we don't eat _____, do we?" ie. poo.  "We don't eat poo, do we mommy?"(this one is more of a warning, not a translation)
-Mommy Bandaids= Do I really need to translate that one?  All I will say is I get asked about once a month if I need to go to the Doctor, or do I just need a mommy bandaid?
-You're mean!= I just got punished for being naughty and YOU are the mean one! Usually every night AS SOON as Peter walks in the door,.. her report on our day is usually,.. "Daddy,.. mommy was being a MEAN mommy today"  :(
-I want snuggles- " I want to poke you in the eyes and pull your hair out one strand at a time and see how long you actually stay in my bed with me"
-my toes are all gone and are not there anymore=I am wearing socks
-maked=naked
-mommy shows= Oprah, Dr. Phil, Grey's, are to be shared with Bailey,..... (she thinks they are anyway!)
-Banka=Aunt Bekah
-I dis have a quession= I am stalling going to bed.
-If you ask her a question and she replies with a toot and a giggle,.. I'm so sorry,..she is so innappropriate and I did not teach her that!
-mud=Animal poop all over
-Ferry Christmas=Merry Christmas
-Fixer fixer=plunger
-lasterday=yesterday
-road bikel=tricycle
-danger danger=power box


those are some of the great ones,.. but alas, there are many more!  We sure love this girl and all her little quirks! 

4 comments:

RATCH said...

I love this girl!

Newton said...

she is by far the funniest little girl i have ever know! I wish i could see her every day!

Mel and David said...

Haha I love the "I want snuggles" so funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com