Friday, April 16, 2010

5 finger discount


So the other night Peter had a little church meeting at our house, and I didn't want to be in the way, so we went and ran some errands. DI, and then to Roberts. Well I was taking my sweet time, and wondering up and down the isles, Bailey was having a BLAST in the kids crafts section, and I was antsy to see other stuff and dream up some good projects. So a wondering we went.

I kept hearing this mom yelling at her kids,.. really not nice,.. horrible things. Which made me look,.... and call me all Judgy and stuff,.. but she was a TOTAL Meth Head,.. rotten teeth and all. (just trust me on this one) So then I was REALLY watching her,.. mostly her kids,.. cause they were interacting with my kids and it kinda freaked me out a little. So I hear plastic bags ruffling around and the whole situation just really left a yucky feeling in the bottomLESS pit of my chubby tummy. So I grabbed Bailey, put her IN my cart and kinda hid out, until this chick passes me, I looked in her cart and could see a Kricket Machine covered in a K-Mart bag,.... then my heart started really racing, and I KNEW this lady was shop lifting,.. so I am walking behind her towards the front of the store,..... On our left,.. a cashier with her back to us, and then a Manager walks RIGHT in front of this chick, looks at her with a questioning eye, and turns to open a door. As soon as she turned to open the door, Meth-Mamma BOOKS it for the front door,..

I am watching all of this from behind,.. I saw Meth-Mamma's head follow the Manager and when she thought she was in the clear, B-lined it for the door.

I FREAK OUT! and start running and screaming,.. SHE'S SHOPLIFTING A KRICKET!!!!"

The manager chases her down before she got through the second set of doors, and asks to see her receipt. I kinda calmed down and went to check out, and am Eves-dropping and her her TOTAL B.S. story about how she had talked to some other employee, and the Mangaer was like,.. ummm,.. it's just us 3 here, and none of us talked to you. Well I am walking out by now and turn and said,.. "Would you like me to interject here?"
The Manager was like,.. "Yeah!" So I continue,....
"I totally saw you stuffing that K-Mart Bag over this Machine,.... what do you think you are doing? You are showing EVERY Classic sign of shoplifting,.... I heard you yelling at your kids, and at your mom that you needed help with this, and you are TOTALLY making up this story about how you are exchanging this,.. it's pretty clear cut to all of us you are trying to steal this."
-Meth-Mamma tries to interject-
-OH NO SHE DIDN'T!- snap snap!
Then I really went off
"Who do you think you are? Why would you think for one second it would be okay to walk into this store and pick something worth $400(I don't really know how much they are,.. except for I can't afford it!) and walk out with it,.. WITH your kids!? What a winner! It's people like you, that make people like me, not be able to afford these things, or make it so difficult to return something I actually paid for, that I don't buy it!! This is ridiculous! Your Story is fishy, your face is fishy,...who do you think you are!?

Then the store manager asked me if I saw her actually put it in her cart,......

No,.. I had not. (I wish I had lied)

The manager said,.. there is nothing I can do.
Meth-Mamma walks out with a FREE Kricket.

So much for THAT!

frustration on SO many levels. GRRRRRRR.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my gosh... I'm livid for you! Seriously, who does she think she is?! What an AWESOME example she is setting for her kids. But good for you for trying to stop it!

Mason & Laura said...

No. Way. I can't believe the manager let her go without a receipt?? So that's how easy it is to shoplift?!?

Justin and Ashley said...

One of the girls I visit teach works for Roberts and knew about this lovely incident when I asked her about it yesterday. All she had to say was- "Why didn't anyone call the cops?" I think you should have lied too.

Trent & Tara said...

ARe you freakin kidding me??? What? hOw could they let her do that. Wow. first of all way to go for you getting involved. I don't know if I would have been brave enough but seriously...she totally stole it. GRRRRR indeed.