Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Fetus

So,.. to catch the world up on the happenings of this cute little fetus twisting like a tornado in my uterus,.. 

As afore mentioned I got pregnant with an IUD.  And also that it will be "High Risk".  So that basically means that I get to have an ultrasound every month(i'm not complaining) and that's about it.  I should keep my activity level kinda low,.. which means that I will just continue to grow and grow and by the Super Bowl, and delivery come around I will be easily mistaken for the Goodyear blimp,.. It's tragic.  So far, the baby looks great, and the IUD is keeping it's self in a low risk place,.. all good signs.  I am 13 weeks 4 days(today) thus making my due date February 12, 2012.  

Bailey is INSISTING that it is a "he",.. and there is a baby "brover" in there,.. which would be nice,.. but let's face it,.. I do NOT know what to do with a boy,....  really,.... What is there to do?  No bows?  Or bracelets?  Or dresses?  What do they even wear?  So as exciting as it would be to have a boy,.. I think I'll be relived if it's female and we can keep on this pink parade a little longer.  

Seriously,.. Jock straps, smelly socks, pee pee tee pees, wieners, hair cuts, Yeah,.... this is all a little much for me.  I might need some serious help.

I have had a hard time letting myself get too attached to this little bundle of joy.  With the term "High Risk"  I have just kind of pushed my emotions to the side, to try and avoid the break down if something happened.  It just seems easier to not plan in it working out, than to get attached.  I still don't imagine Christmas 8 months pregnant, or having a new born during the spring time.  So as much as I don't want to admit it, I guess I am just sounding cold hearted.  I think the other thing that has assisted in my denial is that this pregnancy has been SOOO different than Bailey and Chloe.  I have only thrown up 3 times, and haven't been nauseated at all. I haven't felt tired during the day hardly at all.  So in other words,.. compared to the girls,.. I haven't FELT pregnant.  I am always surprised that there is really something in there at my appointments.  

Don't let me lead you astray here,.. I'm excited about this little baby!!  I am just having a hard time wrapping my mind around it all.  Peter and I couldn't be more excited.  The girls,.... well Bailey is STOKED(Chloe is clueless).  And we understand and thank the Lord for this little blessing every day!!  

5 comments:

Alysa Stewart said...

So glad to hear that it is a low risk high risk, and not a high risk high risk! I have a friend who was told she could never get pregnant again, then did, and that she'd probably lose the baby but she didn't. So hooray! But she was thrown into some serious post-partum depression because she didn't feel at all attached to this little baby and felt so horrible etc. etc. So I'm hoping that all goes awesome for you and no PPD, just the regular old "what the crap" reaction we always have. :D

Kristine said...

I'm sorry this has been weird for you! I'm sure as things go along it'll all get normal. Probably when you start getting a big belly. lol! I am super excited for you. I totally understand about the boy thing - now that I have a boy, I want the rest of my kids to be girls. I don't know, I just understand girls more. I honestly still get surprised when I change his diaper and there's something there!

Audra said...

Ihave wanted little girls SOOOOO bad, but honestly...boys aren't that bad. I Promise!! Good luck....Glad that everything is going good and that it's a low high risk. Being a HIgh high risk, like me , is NOT fun!! Glad your feeeling good!!!

Holli said...

First of all I have to comment on the cakes you made...um did somebody turn into Martha Stewart??? Carder insisted that I was having a girl my whole pregnancy and he ended up being right...so maybe Bailey is onto something especially since its been so different (that is how mine was too). And as for the boy clothes can we say bore. Seriously I dream about girl clothes and I am pretty sure baby gap and etsy are going to do me in! Never had this problem with Carder.

I love you and can't wait for that adorable Robbins baby to make its appearance, I need to betroth another child to one of yours so I am hoping its a boy that away I can up my odds of getting to be related to you one day :) Brenn can just be a cougar right?

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I'm super excited for you!! And can I just say everything you post about those cute girls makes me laugh out loud every time!!! Best of luck your pregnancy won't be so high risk!!