Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinkley


I am sure that all of you have heard the news about President Hinkley but I just can't stop thinking about him and what a wonderful man he was. Peter and I had an opportunity of a lifetime to meet with President Hinkley, President Faust, and President Monson 2 days before our wedding. I was 9 when he was called to be the Prophet and I don't really remember much of either President Benson or Hunter. I have always just been taken back by his wisdom and his pure and honest love for the members of the church. I really am so happy for him. He missed his beautiful wife so much and he has worked and I believe truly LIVED (by every meaning of the word) every day of his 97 years. He will be missed and always remembered. It will be very different to have a new prophet but I am excited too. President Monson will be a wonderful Prophet and I look forward to the things that the Lord has in store for this president.


We Love you President Hinkley!

2 comments:

me and him said...

wow! what an absolute amazing experiance that must have been! how did you ever get so lucky? we are all so blessed to have such christ-like examples and leaders in our life!

me and him said...

okay girl...so i hear that you chopped the hair off...let's see!! i bet it looks fantastic!!