Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Merry Easter!

At the Robbins house hold we are getting REALLY excited for this weekend. Peter's family holds an annual Easter Egg Hunt at their Cabin up Hobble Creek. It is all of Peter's Aunts and Uncles and cousins and those Robbins' sure know how to party!! It's always a blast. I am not only excited to hang out with everyone but to start traditions with our little family that will bring wide eyes with excitement every year. Although Bailey will be crawling for eggs this year it is a start of something so fun for me. I have been spending this week shopping for fun Easter Basket things for Bailey and Peter and I am really excited to give Peter his little gifts and to see Bailey play with her new toys from the Easter Bunny. Then Easter day we will be with the good ole' Bateman clan eating an Easter feast and playing games of some sort!

But I am also grateful for the opportunity to celebrate the real meaning of Easter and truly thank the Lord for his sacrifice and for all that the Atonement means. Getting married and starting a family has really made me realize my testimony of the Atonement and not only for Christ's sacrifice on the cross but for the gift of his life. There is no better an example and no greater a teacher than He. This time of year I catch my self playing this song over and over again and remember listening to it when I was really young and looking back knowing that that moment was where my testimony of the Atonement started. I just wanted to post the words so you can read them.

His Hands

his hands tools of creation
stronger than nations power without end and yet through them we find our truest friend
his hands sermons of kindness healing men's blindness halting years of pain children waiting to be held again

his hands would serve his whole life though showing man what hands might do giving, ever giving, endlessly each day was filled with selflessness and i'll not rest until i make up my hands what they could be 'til these hands become like those from galilee

his hands lifting a leper warming a beggar calling back the dead breaking bread, five thousand fed his hands hushing contention pointing to heaven ever free of sin then bidding man to follow him

his hands would serve his whole life though showing man what hands might do giving, ever giving, endlessly each day was filled with selflessness and i'll not rest until i make up my hands what they could be 'til these hands become like those from galilee

his hands clasped in agony as he he lay pleading, bleeding in the garden while just moments away other hands betray him out of greed, shameful greed and then his hands are trembling straining to carry the beam that they've been nailed to as he stumbles through the streets heading towards the hill on which he died he would die they take his hands, his mighty hands, those gentle hands and then they pierce them, they pierce them he lets them, because of love from birth to death was selflessness and clearly now i see him with his hands calling to me and though i'm not yet as i would be he has shown me how i could be i will make my hands like those from galilee


Gets me every time. Happy Easter everybody!! I am blessed to have each of you in my life and am definitely a better person for knowing you. May the Lord bless each of you and your families.

Much Love!

The Robbins

4 comments:

me and him said...

Amanda, thank you so much for this post! you are such an amazing woman, and i too, have reacently been pondering the Atonement and my Saviors sacrifice! we are so lucky to know this truth, so blessed! thanks for sharing your testimony...i needed that!

Katie Smith said...

I also love that song Amanda! Those words get me every time.

Sounds like a fun-filled Easter weekend ahead of you. Make sure to take lots of pics. so we can all see Baily crawling for eggs. Oh, and I'm sure she'll be wearing the cutest dress and bow EVER so I want to see that too.

Thanks again for the Idol party.

Tyler & Laura said...

Amanda, you are such a sweetheart...it sounds like you have so many fun things planned for this weekend! I hope you guys have a wonderful Easter, and thanks for being such a great example and friend. You rock, woman! And you are beautiful, even if you get a few zits!

Lori said...

How was Easter? It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun stuff lined up. It's fun when family gets together. I have brothers that live nearby, but I swear we hardly ever get together! Sad. I should work on that.

You're right. Easter is awesome. I think "His Hands" is absolutely beautiful. I remember singing it at a church activity once and completely losing it. Our Savior did so much for us. Now that we're starting our family, I'm really appreciating more and more the amazing plan of salvation that lets us be with each other forever. I love having the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It brings so much peace, and just knowing where we came from and where we're going gives life so much purpose.