Friday, June 27, 2008

Silly IUD's

So I thought that I would post this because I vowed to make this blog somewhat of a journal so that includes the ups and DOWNS of life! MUST BE READ TO THE END!

So usually These: (IUD-Intra-Uterine Device)
Are NOT supposed to Equal These:
Last week Weird things were happenin' with my body. I know my body and it is like clockwork when it comes to periods! So when I didn't start I really had to think about how this was possible! AS SOON AS Bailey was born I had an IUD inserted and I LOVED it! So I just assumed there was no way that I could be preggers! So I waited and I waited and I started spotting but never really started and then decided that there is no earthly way that I was pregnant so I took a test and:
Yes,.. i know I was just as shocked that it said I was pregnant! Peter and I just laughed and thought well,.. the Lord is the one that is going to decide when I will have kids and it doesn't matter what measures we take to prevent it! (Bailey was our attempt at the Pill which equaled her! And I couldn't be happier about it!) I actually didn't believe it so I went to the hospital and had 2 blood tests done too and they were positive! So I called my Doctor and he didn't seem to worried about the IUD being in there and told me to come in Monday morning and they would remove it. (this was Saturday) So we started making plans, calling people, getting excited and then Sunday I started bleeding more. More than I thought was okay during a pregnancy even with an IUD. So EARLY Monday morning I called an got right in to see the best OBGYN ever (thank you Dr. Gordon!) They did an ultrasound to see where the IUD was and it had defiantly been misplaced. It had fallen down into my cervix (it is supposed to sit in my Uterus) and then looking around there was no baby in there!? I know, I was just thinking that it was magic or something, well taking a further look they realised that the baby had implanted in my Fallopian tube making it a Ectopic Pregnancy or Tubal Pregnancy.

The series of blood work that they drew concluded that it was all talking care of it's self and I didn't need surgery or a really potent shot! So although losing the baby was not what we wanted, and is heart breaking because we love kids and don't care when or how we get them we, like everything in our lives, just wanted to pick and choose what WE want,.. not necessarily what the Lord has in plan for us. It caught us both SOOOO off guard, we didn't really have time for it to really sink in and get SUPER excited about it, so we are dealing with it all rather well I think.

I don't mean to look for sympathy by any means or an "I'm so sorry Amanda" I just want to share my life and all of it's ups and downs. Hopefully we will have some much related UP news in the months to come. Peter will be done with school in December and that is FOR SURE an UP! Thanks for all of your love and support!

Peter, Amanda and Bailey

9 comments:

me and him said...

first i have to say, how lucky are we to have the gospel to help us throught the 'downs' in this life. i know you didn't want to hear it..but i am sorry, sorry for all the pain, emotionally and physically. you are so strong, and i have always looked up to you for that. i'm grateful i have examples of righteous women in my life like you. i hope you're feeling okay now. and if you need anything (even another lunch date) let me know! love ya!

Amy C. said...

Amanda- I love how we know Heavenly Father will make it happen when its time for sweet little babies. I am sure it will be something you will never forget -and as awful as it may be I hope you find some comfort and peace. Good luck

Justina Selim said...

I can't imagine what that must feel like. It sounds like you are dealing with it well. If you need anything or want to talk to someone let me know.

Bingham Fam said...

Well now that makes me second guess myself on what type of contraceptive we should use after this pregnancy. Especially since I was planning on doing the IUD. A little scary for me to think about that now since for us the pill did not work (Brooklyn). I have to say that I am so grateful for the gospel and the perspective that we can gain from going through these types of experiences. When I went into preterm labor, my mom said that if Brooklyn didnt survive that it was the Lord's plan for her. The Lord has a plan for all of us including unborn children and he will direct each of our paths. So my only question now is are you going to try to have another one or are you going to try another type of contraceptive? You both have so much strength and courage. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Amanda said...

I think that both Peter and I feel like the Lord is trying to tell us we are trying too hard to prevent and so I think that when the IUD comes out(Tuesday) we will try to not get pregnant until the end of the summer or most of the way through the semester and then we will see if we make it that long. I have a feeling we won't make it that long but we are going to try.

Gailey Family said...

Amanda- I cant say anymore than what was said in the previous posts. But we are so lucky to have the gospel in our lives. I agree that the lord works in mysterious aways to teach us things. You are such an amazing person and I know that your family will get this. I pray that you guys will have some comfort and a little bit of peace in this hard time. Love ya Amanda!

Tyler & Laura said...

I, too, don't really know what more to say but I'm sorry. I'm sure that even though it was a surprise, it was also a huge disappointment when it wasn't working out. Maybe a little spirit was just trying to tell you they were too darn excited to come down an no IUD would stop them!

I HAVE heard, though, that sometimes IUD's can play tricks. My mom had a friend who had an IUD, and got pregnant...and the baby was born holding the IUD in her hand :)

Lee & Kindra said...

Wow, I don't even know what to say. I was so excited for you guys. Take it from me though, the Lord works in his own way and has his own timing, as I'm sure you already know. I don't know what it's like to get pregnant or lose a baby so I can only imagine what this is like for you. Your in my prayers.

r+s+a laney said...

you are just wonderful! we miss you guys and i miss bailey entertaining me during all of church.