Monday, October 20, 2008

Disneyland

This last weekend some of my side of the family decided to hit the road to the Happiest Place on Earth. We had so much fun! HUGE thanks to Amanda(my sister-in-law) planned and executed it all, and I'm sure it was quite the feat! Thanks so much!
All Smiles Before we Left Provo!

We decided to break up the trip and spend one night in Vegas. We stayed at the Stratosphere, and then walked the strip the next morning, catching a Water show at the Belagio, A-MAZING! (This was really my first time to Vegas)
Spencer decided he needed Mariah to hold his hand the whole trip,.. SO cute!!!!

Then we headed off to California. We settled into the hotel when we got there, got an OKAY nights sleep(how well can you sleep the night before Disneyland? It's very comparable to Christmas Eve)

So I won't bore you with the details, but here are our pictures of our fun 2 days at the land of Disney.


Bailey did pretty well. She was VERY Happy when we let her out of her stroller to talk around, and usually that was in the souvenir stores. She very quickly found this Mickey Stuffed Animal, and we waited until the last hour at Disneyland that we would get it for her. She hasn't let it out of her sight since. She LOVES her Mickey. She has never attached herself to anything before and so I think this is a fun thing. We tried talking her into Minnie but she wanted NOTHING to do with her, so Mickey it is. But when usually if she wasn't running free, or on a ride, she was screaming. She didn't want to take any naps, and I don't blame her! How can you sleep at a place like Disneyland!?

We also decided to start a new little tradition. We found a really fun Christmas Ornament at Disneyland and we thought, it would be really fun to start getting a Ornaments everywhere we travel. We don't have TOO much catching up to do, but we will so we have our travel tree! Hopefully someday we will need a REALLY big tree,.. meaning we have traveled a lot!!

10 comments:

RATCH said...

Could Baily be more expressive!? I don't think so. I am so glad that you guys had fun. I also started getting myself ornaments when I travel. I got myself one at the Museup of Nat. Hist. this week. I am bummed that I didn't start years ago. I used to get a nativity when I traveled somewhere but really how manu nativities can one person own?! Love you and I'm excited to see you and Bailey tomorrow!

me and him said...

NO WAY??? you went to the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH? how lucky are you?? i L.O.V.E that place. glad you had fun...and even more glad you got to experiance the joys of the vegas strip!

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

It looks like you had a blasty! How fun.

Cardon & Whitney said...

D-LAND! How fun I'm SOOOO jealous! You gotta go back at Christmas-time if you can...and definitely do the travel-ornament collection. We started when we were engaged and now we already have a fun batch of em! Too bad Cardon makes fun of me because now I get them EVERYWHERE, even when we had a layover in Kentucky one time.

Amanda said...

YAY for Disneyland!! i'm so glad you guys had so much fun...even with everyone getting sick! But I also had so much fun, and would go again with you all, and even plan it again, in a heartbeat =).
p.s. is there a more photogenic kid than bailey?? i think not. =)

Katie Smith said...

How fun! I had heard you were in Cali., but I didn't know you were at Disneyland. What a fun weekend!! Love all the pictures.

Gailey Family said...

I am so jealous! We are planning a trip in April and I cant wait. But you got to go for all the fun Halloween events. It sounds like you guys had a great time. And what a fun tradition to start, gives you a good excuse to travel more ;)

Justina Selim said...

I can't believe you have never been to Vegas! I love it there! We are probably going back next summer too!

Amy C. said...

Disney Land really is a magical place. I could feel the magic through your photos. Love them and love how Baily (and Peter) look so happy in all of them.

P.S. Has your hair has faded a lot? Will you be keeping it dark?

Mandy said...

How fun! Bailey is such a cutie!