Monday, February 1, 2010

Gramma Kay

This last weekend we had an amazing opportunity to go to Montana to see my Gramma Kay and surprise her with a big party for her 90th Birthday.

My Gramma is amazing. She is one of the most healthy strong 90 year old women there ever was. I'm sure we will be celebrating again in 10 years for an even bigger mile stone in her life.

Here are a few pictures of the night of her party.

Isn't she just radiating awesomeness!?

My sister Debbie came from New York, Gramma was sure surprised!

Mom, Dad, Gramma Kay, My Dad's cousin and his wife
My super cute Gramma and her Boy Toy.
He is so good to her, and I am glad she has someone to spend time with.
Gramma greeting all of her party guests

We were also able to just spend time together, and it was wonderful. I really enjoy being with my Gramma. Her life was amazing, with many ups and downs. Her way of living and raising a child are so different that what I know, and I feel like there is so much to learn from her. She was raised during the Great Depression and with something all too similar here, I feel like her wisdom on how to survive through it, and things she still does because of that experience (ie, re using tinfoil) really make me take a step back and take a good look at my self.

Anyway,.. here are some pictures of just us being together.




Gramma and her only child, my Daddy.
Gramma and her girls.

The Original Homestead. This puppy was built in 1890.
The Old Barn
The Water Truck we use to haul water in the summer when we spend more time out there at the Ranch.

This is All of my sibings and I,.. From left to right starting in the back,.. Me, Dave, Bob, Tom, Deb, Beck, Front: Dan, Gramma Kay, Dad, Mom

Happy Birthday Gramma Kay!!!!!

4 comments:

Mel and David said...

What? You were in Montana? That is practically IOWA! Why didn't you drive like 13 more hours and stay at the Carr's?

Food poisoning may occur at the Carr home at like 2:00am... but I doubt it.

-imisti

Mason & Laura said...

Your grandma sure doesn't look like she's 90. How awesome you got to go visit for her birthday :) (water truck?? whoa.)

Also to comment on your previous blog post about your princess kiddos--your girls are seriously adorable. I'm glad you posted on Chloe's butt crack. soooo awesome.

Newton said...

SOOOO darling!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed that you didn't post a picture of Grandma Kay kissing Peter on the lips.