Sunday, June 27, 2010

People of Utah County Part 2:

(Peter warned me that I shouldn't have too many posts like these or people will think I am being really judgmental, and I assured him that all of you already knew I was judgmental. Heeee heee,.. just kidding.  I just like to find the humor in life, and this is some of it!)

I ain't no secreat that I am addicted to Dr. Pepper,.. and when I say addicted, I don't mean that lightly,... I really believe it is going to take a 12 step program to help cure me, with lots of relapses.  It's bad.  

Anyway,.. Late one night, I was feeling the need to fill my void with liquid love, as I call it.  Texaco and I are friends.  Patty at the drive through have some good conversations,.. I even thought I would give her a Christmas card this year.  Well the drive through was closed, which meant I actually had to GET OUT of my car.  So I walk in and there is a girl behind the counter that I had never seen there before,.. She was sitting on an empty, upside down, 5 gallon bucket, hunched over.  I filled my green 44oz cup, and walked up to the counter.   She looked up at me.  The shock of what she was doing set in, and I, in an almost comatose state looked at her like a deer the in the head lights.  My whole body frozen.   I looked her in the eye,.. even though one was wondering, and the other met my stare, she spoke.

The worst words my ears could hear. (with-in reason) 

"This is the worst IN-GROWN TOE NAIL I have ever had. I've been picking at it for hours."

Oh goodness,.. I wanted to throw my Dr. Pepper and barf all over my self.  Serious, I can't stand feet,.. and the part of the foot I can't bare to even talk of, is the toes.  Gross.  Ewe.  

I need to go take a shower and brush my teeth now that I have shared these stories.
gahdshdljadjshflajshdfljahdfg(That is me shivering.)


This is who I think of when I see her.

p.s. very little of this post has to do with the eye thing,.. it's purely the foot thing really,.. the eye thing is just an added bonus.

5 comments:

Newton said...

Oh gross!!! How do you tell someone that what they are doing in public is so inappropriate??!! And how does that girl think that she can do that at work!?

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

I too share your loathe and disgust towards feet. I could barely hold the chunks in while just reading this, I can't imagine what you've gone through. Have you signed up for some therapy yet, it may take a lot of work and commitment to get over this!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

I haven't got to read Part 1 yet, but this is killer. I wish you could get a snapshot of people reading it because I'm sure all of our facial expressions would only add to your post. That is definitely barf worthy. I hope you don't have bad memories when drinking a D.P. because you could probably sue for that. I would totally back you.

Mel and David said...

There should have been a warning for quesy pregnant people.... to not read further on. That is disgusting! Hopefully you paid the whole one or two dollars with a credit card or exact change so you didn't have to exchange any germs!

Sarah And John said...

So you don't know who I am but I'm a friend of amandas and daves. I am indead a blog stalker and I have to admit yours is a favorite of mine. If I need a laugh I come and read it. Lol. You are too freaking funny and a person just like me. I have to say you have become even cooler for being addicted to dr pepper. If I could have a iv shooting dp into my veins I certainly would. But that would kill me. So I can't. If I don't get at least 3 cans or 2 44 oz a day I go crazy. as far as a 12 step program, u would have to tie me down so I can't be around it. I have tried many times to quit but......I can't. I can't go 2 hrs before I give in. Haha. Anyways just thought id say ur awesome. Keep entertaining me :D

P.s. I'm not a crazy. Lol