Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mysterious Ways

The Lord truly works in Mysterious Ways and I am just so full of gratitude.

As my last few posts have reviewed some of Bailey's Sassyness,.. And that's not including the most recent bum pinch and spank of a stranger in Cafe Rio,.. It may be safe to assume that her baby sister is starting to catch onto this behavior,.. thus making my life somewhat difficult.  Although some of her sass is pretty funny,.... I only usually share the funny stories,... there is a lot of that sass that is done at home,.. directed at her parents.  And mostly me.  It's hard.  It's really hard to listen to your daughter scream at you again and again, about how MEAN you are,.. or to hear her say she doesn't like me, or she hates me, or She wants to live at Spencer's house because his mommy is nice.  It truly rips my heart out somedays.  The irrational screaming and kicking and hitting just to get her down for a nap, or flying off the handle because I didn't let her see the inside of her sippy cup before I put on the lid.  I can usually handle it all, and not let it get to me too much, but the last 2 weeks have been EXTREMELY difficult for me.  LOTS of tears, LOTS of concerns, LOTS of yelling.  A lot of feeling like a failure.  And I know that is just part of being a parent,.. but that thought doesn't always calm the fears or heal the hurt feelings.  (Yes,.. my 3 year old has the ability to hurt my feelings)  Just when I thought I couldn't do it anymore, and was pulling out the crumbs of hope from the bottom of the barrel,... There He is,.. reaching out to comfort me.  

Monday, I was sitting in the ER(there to receive the last of my rabies vaccinations,.. story to come) and a few men, who were apart of an assisted living center walked in.  One was taken back to be checked, and the others sat in the waiting room with Chloe and I.  Chloe was be extra snuggly,... maybe she thought SHE was going to get a shot,.. and was being super cute and playing with me too.  I sat there,.. and being a people watcher,.. my attention was on this one man.   He was trying to use the phone, and was standing in front of us looking at the fish in the fish tank.  Watching him and the other people in his group made me remember doing the Special Needs Seminary,.. I LOVED that class,.. I had never felt the spirit so strong as when I was with those Special Needs kids.  They are SO close to our Heavenly Father and are much more in tune to the spirit than we probably give them credit. Anyway,...

After about 20 minutes of waiting, and him wandering,.. he sat down a few seats from us and I hear a very loud,...

 "Ma'am,.. MA'AM,... I just wanted to tell you, your daughter is very cute and you are so good with her,.. It's so good to see a mom out with her daughter and be so cute,.. I can tell you are a really good mom."  

I almost burst into tears right then and there.  

I know my Heavenly Father listens to my prayers,.. and is aware of my aching heart.  He knew I needed to hear those words at that moment.  I know that even though getting all those shots the last few weeks SUCKED,...  Heavenly Father put me in a place where I could hear him through those sweet spirits he sends to this earth.  I am so grateful for Him and His sacrifices for me, and His presence in my life.  

I share this story because I know I am not the only mom out there that has bad days, or weeks, or MONTHS,.. and I promise that if you ask your Heavenly Father for help,.. He will listen and He will do whatever it takes to make sure that you hear him, and know that he is there.  I know that He is REAL and that he is there for me, to comfort me in my darkest times.  Just ask, and he is there!  I promise!

6 comments:

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

Oh Amanda! Every mom goes through trying times with their kids. My 4 AND my 1 year old has hurt my feelings several times. I am so glad that you could find this comfort though. Heavenly Father is so aware of you and loves you. I know that you could be nothing but a wonderful mom. You have beautiful girls with a whole lot of love in their eyes. Good luck... and remember to breath deep and eat LOTS of chocolate!!!

Kelli Radmall said...

Amanda, I was reading through your blog and I pretty much love it. You have some hilarious stories and I love the way you write about your family. It sounds like Bailey and Felicity have a lot in common! I sat in the car and cried on Mon after her gymnastics class because she does NOT obey her teacher and I have to pull her out of class for time out every week. Does she care? No. Anyway-just wanted to say that I feel at the end of my rope sometimes too and I appreciated your sweet story. Take that satan-we ARE great moms.

RATCH said...

I love you. I am so sorry you have been going through such a hard time... Where have I been?! You ARE a wonderful Mom, and you have GREAT kids. :) We need a Girls night/retreat... Maybe you guys can come up soon and Dave and Pete can watch the kids and watch guy movies and we can go out! :D

Newton said...

Thank you for this post, Amanda. I love your honesty and that you shared this experience. It helped me today and I'm sure I will remember it on many other days. It's hard to imagine that after mothers sacrifice so much for thier child that they can do hurtful things. Having a child makes me think about things that I have done or said to my mother that weren't the nicest and how much they must have hurt her. Being a mother is such an important and challenging calling and we do have Heavenly Father's help. Thanks for your example and love!

Julianna said...

GOOD POST. Thanks.

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

You are the best, Amanda. Thanks for sharing that. I really needed to hear it. I miss ya, girl!