Friday, March 18, 2011

The Sass

Yesterday being St. Patrick's Day,.. I decided to dress Bailey in a little bit of a crazy outfit,.. it wasn't TOO out of control,.. basically I put green tights and a green long sleeved shirt on under a cute little dress that had green stripes (and navy and purple)  What?  You can get away with a lot on St. Patty's day!  Anyway,.. I hosted a little shin-dig at my house last night for some of the women of PSI(Peter's work)and I needed to run and pick up a few things.  Mainly, amazing cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy.  We were standing in line behind a group of older women, maybe 50+ and this lady turns around and says to Bailey,

 "Well don't you just match from head to toe?"  

{It's true,.. she did match from head to toe.}

Well Bailey immediately folds her arms, shifts her weight to her back leg and with a very sour face looks at her and says,..

"Nofing on YOU matches."

OH NO SHE DIDN"T!

What do you do?  Mostly my mouth just dropped and I looked at Bailey and I looked that the lady, in total disbelief about what just came out of my daughter's sassy face, and I looked again,.. back at the lady,.. and I didn't know you could say SOO much with your face,.. but she just had this look like  

"Im embarrassed"/"What a rude little girl"/"What is your mother teaching you"/"Do I really not match?"/Total Disbelief.  

And I don't blame her,.. I'm sure my face said

"What did she just say"/"Yes my child is out of control"/"don't look at my baby that way or I will scratch your face off"/ "yes I will spank her when we get home, but probably I won't because clearly I am an inconsistent, inattentive parent"

shame.

my daughter is sassy, and I don't even know what to do.  
Laugh, Cry, Scream, Spank? 

Maybe I shouldn't have taught her to say "I'm a Diva" since the womb?  

mother of the year goes to,.... Mwa!

2 comments:

Newton said...

NO WAY! The stories just keep getting better! How is it possible!? How does her cute little head come up with these things!? I just love her!

Mel and David said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am laughing OUT LOUD right now. I love how you said yes I will spanking her but probably not! You do have a sass-a-frass on your hands-