Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

We had SUCH a great weekend. We kicked it off with staying at the Cabin on Friday night and inviting our ward up to enjoy the fun. We had a great dinner and made some great memories with some great friends up there. SO to all of our ward buddies that read my blog,.. thanks for coming!

Hot picture I know!

We woke up at the cabin to the sound of the rushing water in the creek and it was a wonderful sound to wake up to. We ate a big FAT breakfast and then headed back to Provo. My mom and dad come down from Logan for Mother's Day and we decided that we needed to take some time out to go the temple together since we hadn't been since my marriage almost 2 years ago. It was so great to sit in the Lords house and really stop and think about life. I personally hadn't been in about 5 months.


So to get pretty personal here I just want to share what I was thinking and feeling while I was there. The last 3 months or so I have been feeling really depressed and I just couldn't figure out what the heck was wrong. I am SOOO happy with my marriage and I am SOOOO happy being a mother and other than hating having Peter gone lots because of school, there isn't ANYTHING in my life that I am discontent with. So I thought, I musht be depressed and so I went to the Dr. and it didn't take much convincing the Dr, that I had clinical depression. I took the medicatin for a week and was talking to my BFF Melanie who is going to Pharmacy School and after a few hours of talking about things I felt like I had gone to the Dr to get the cure all pill. I personally feel like depression medication is a wonderful thing and it helps people and overall it is a WONDERFUL thing, don't get me wrong. If you know me very well you may know that I am fairly lazy, and lack a sence of self control when it comes to many things, mostly cleaning! Well I was hoping that a pill would cure it,.. and I am just trying to self medicate my problems that a pill won't fix.


Well,.. while being in the temple I just kept having these strong feelings that this was the medication that i needed. Going to church is wonderful, but it is SOOO hard for me to hear ANYTHING in those 3 hours that I have been going on a spiritual starvation. Along with other things in my life that the Lord was able to counsel me about, this was the one that I left feel like the Lord really knows me and knows what I am going through and I really needed his guidance.


Sorry LONG story I know! Anyway, I decided to take my camera with me and I snapped some pictures of my crazy family evening! I love my family and we really have a lot of fun together!!





My favorite picture of Bailey this week! I hope she doesn't hate me for having these when she is older! I just about died laughing thinking about showing her boyfriends this!





6 comments:

Amanda said...

Amanda,
That picture of Bailey made me laugh outloud too!! she is just the cutest!!

Gailey Family said...

Oh Amanda Bailey is hilarious! I think every mom has to have a blackmail picture or two...or three!

Good job making it to the temple. I have not been for a month and a half. But I enjoy going. It is such a place of peace and comfort. It still amazes me sometimes knowing how well Christ knows us personally. Knowing what guidance we need! You have inspired me to make another trip to the temple! Thanks Amanda!

maggie-t said...

I heard that the activity up the canyon was a blast last weekend. I wish I could've made it. That is so cool that you guys went to the temple to celebrate mother's day. I am glad you got the answers you were looking for.

Have a great week!

Tyler & Laura said...

Oh, Bailey! She is too photogenic for her own good...that'll make a great photo for her wedding video one day! Ha, ha!

But really, don't feel ashamed or embarrassed about depression or needing medication. I have been in your shoes. I took an anti-depressant from 9th grade all the way up until I was 20. If people didn't need it, it wouldn't have been invented! And I know how you feel; I had the hardest time after Jack was born; you know you have a wonderful life, so why are you so sad? I'm glad that you are feeling better, though, and that you were comforted. You are wonderful and I love ya!

P.S. You look SO gorgeous in those pictures!

Kathlen said...

I love you!! You always bring a smile to my face. I am just sad that we are not going to be here that long!

Lori said...

Okay, I have missed reading your blog! Where have I been??! I love that you are so real about things. Yes, life can be wonderful and peachy, and you can still be sad. That's just what happens sometimes, right? I am so glad that I know you, and I just hope that I'll actually call you sometime when I think about calling you... so then maybe we'll hang out! :)