Friday, May 2, 2008

Chronicles of BU

BU=Bum Urine
So for the last WEEK! That's right,.. 7 days! Bailey has had the runs to the max! I got really worried about her yesterday and so I took her in to the doctor and they found out that she has an ear infection. I know,.. I had the same thought diarrhea=ear infection!? Well no,.. actually they just happened to look in her one ear and found the infection. So they gave me medicine for her ear and asked me to get a stool sample.
Yeah.
This is what is going through my head when they asked me to catch her poo in a tupperware container,....... what am I supposed to do tape the container to her bum and hope that she has half decent aim? The poo can't have touched the diaper so that left me to get creative,.. what can I put IN her diaper that won't absorb the very liquid fecal matter?

SARAN WRAP!!

Oh yes I did,.. I lined her diaper with saran wrap! I knew it was going to be disastrous but you gotta do what you gotta do! My thoughts upon doing this were,.. her diaper doesn't even absorb her poo at this point so I knew it was going to be bad. Sure enough, a few minutes later I look over and see her mustard poo up to the middle of her back,.. literally DRIPPING down her leg. So I SCRAMBLED to find the container and had her stand so that the poo wouldn't just run out,.. carefully pulled off her diaper and it just oozed everywhere anyway. Bailey thought it was great to try and play with her poo, and the only thing on my mind was to catch SOME,.. ANY in this container because I was not about to attempt this a second time. Luckily for me, and Bailey I guess, got what we needed,.. a Shower,.. kidding!

The weird part of all of our poo adventures is that she does NOT,.. I repeat does NOT have a sore bum. I am quite certain that this is a miracle of sorts because she poos AT LEAST 4 times a day. She isn't dehydrated, and she is still pretty happy! I don't get it!

I am also up to my ears in Laundry! I have to do a load a day to have enough clothes for her pretty much. Maybe that just means that I need to go shopping!!? Peter would beg to differ on that.

Well,.. hopefully the chronicles of BU will end here.




But here is a SUPER funny picture I got of Bailey this week that brought a smile to my face! Kisses for everyone!!



12 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Haha! That is so funny! Looks like tons of fun to clean up! Thanks again for everything! You are the best!

Amanda said...

Amanda,
I'm glad you got the sample, and i hope bailey gets over this nasty thing soon! Love the picture of the poo, you know what would go good with a poo picture? A pee puddle picture...too bad we don't have one of those =(. Hee hee!

Tyler & Laura said...

Poor Bailey! And poor you!! No one likes mustard poop! But at least she didn't get diaper rash...Jack got that a few weeks ago after he had the runs and it was NO FUN! He was furious every time I had to change his diaper. I hope she gets over it soon!

Grace said...

You really do have the best stories, I love reading your blog! Thanks for the cooking demo on Wednesday, you did great and Brittany told me they tasted amazing so I will have to try them soon.

Kera said...

i'm gagging! i dealt with this last week and don't want to go back for a LONG time.

Dane and Jessica said...

you did not just post a picture of Bailey's stool sample hahaha! Okay I'm not even going to insult you right now because I am truly impressed with how entertaining your blog is...this is going to be hard to click submit without an insult fyi

maggie-t said...

WOW! That certainly is not what I thought was in the "job description" of being a mother. You are amazing. I am glad Bailey didn’t get a diaper rash, that would really complicate things!

RATCH said...

I love love love the kissy picture.

Katie Smith said...

Eeeek! That sounds like the nastiest task ever! I love the picture of all the poo. Just be grateful that Baily still has breast-milk poo and not real food poo. That stuff is skanky.

I'm glad that Baily has remained happy and has not gotten a diaper rash. Hopefully it will all clear up fast and you can dig out from all your laundry.

me and him said...

i laughed so hard i about peed my pants. so i made james read it...and well, he did pee his pants! NO im kidding but that would have been a funny comment huh! you are such a cute mom! you inspire me...saran wrap!? now i think that was a genious idea!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

Wow...I could do that but Scott could NEVER!!
P.S. I am going private so go to my blog and leave me a message with your email so I can send you an invite!!

r+s+a laney said...

love the picture of the yellow poo, that is hilarious! ward activity=bomb!! you guys rocked it.