Saturday, April 26, 2008

Story Time

Okay,.. So I have a good story for ya'll! Be prepared for a good mixture of comedy, tragedy, stairs, heels, and urine.

So Peter's sister Rebekah graduated from BYU on Friday. GO BEKAH!!!! Well graduation was at 8:00 am and that's early for me! Bailey usually doesn't wake up till then. Well we decided that Peter would run to the school bookstore to get the gift we wanted to get her and I would take Bailey with me in the car. I get there and realize that this is the hill I "GET" to hike up, in heels, with a baby, camera bag, diaper bag, and big fat blanket to keep the baby warm.
SO OF COURSE,.. I was late and I had to pretty much run up these stairs. So I finally get there and I am gasping for air, quite certain they will be my last breaths. Well, although I spent the entire time in the hallway with rambunctious little children it was great! I really would rather have played with the kids! No offence Bekah! After the ceremony we gathered outside to begin the family photo shoot. It was still pretty cold and Bailey was really tired, and I was STARVING! The photo shoot was a wrap and Peter decided that we would walk down the mountain together, so he could carry the bags and I would carry Bailey, and then I would take him to where he parked the scootie, and we would all meet for THE BEST all you can eat French Toast at Kneaders. Well about 2 steps into my journey, my right foot slipped out from underneath me and I grabbed onto the rail and I tried to catch my self with my arms and my other leg,...... to no avail. With the added weight of Bailey on front and the lack of strength in my legs because of the hike up the mountain, my other leg went underneath me acting as a sled to my body against the edge of each cement-chipped stair. I finally caught my self a few stairs later and just so happened to catch my self with my legs spread open and the burning sensation of my left leg pinned underneath me and the pain from the right ankle twisted in the chaos, my bladder decided to fail at its ONLY job,.. containing the urine. SO,.. AS I am sitting there basically yelling profanities because I couldn't even help my self and trying for the LIFE of me to stop the flow of urine from running down my leg, I just had to let it go!! After Peter put down all the bags he was carrying (ie diaper bag, camera bag, gift bag, backpack ect.) He helped me up and I look back at the sweet puddle left by my useless, waste of space bladder, and the ginormous gashes in my leg my first thought was, dang, that's gonna leave scars that won't tan this summer!!! GRRRRR!! I found my shoes, put them back on (I know,.. pointless) looked up at the next passer by and gently warned him to look out for the pee puddle, and finished my trek down the stairs. -Amen

Check the Damage!

My sister-in-law, Amanda Bateman, (Yes we used to share that name) gave me this card for my birthday and it just describes me to a T. It also reminds me of Finding Nemo where they scare the Squid and she says, "Agh, you guys made me ink" Story of my life!



In other related news: (not so much related, but more like 4th cousin twice removed or something)

Bailey had her Doctors appointment this week and she is growing like a a bad weed.
Weighing in at 19 lbs 8 oz.(75%)
27 inches long(25%), and
45 cm head circumference(75%)

My Daughter will have a HUGE head, and be a little chubby, with a rather short stature. No I am kidding, those percentiles don't predict the future, but I think it's so funny. She has 6,.. SIX teeth and is a walking maniac. She was chasing her cousins around like a fat kid chases cake.

Probably not the CUTEST picture ever, but it shows those amazing over-sized teeth! So here is a cuter recent picture.

17 comments:

Kera said...

oh MAN. what do you say after a story like that. your husband is quite a sport. ok, so were you holding bailey when you fell?
Haidyn just had her dr. apt. and is 75% in head :) big brains thats what I'm talking about!

Amanda said...

Yes I was holding her! Luckily my weight went back instead of forward! She thought it was fun!

Cardon & Whitney said...

Ha oh my amanda, you peed the stairs?!!! haha I couldn't stop laughing just now, help me. If it was you laughing this hard you would be peeing again! :)

nickandmindi said...

Hi Amanda!
I didnt even know that you had a baby!! She is sooo dang cute! Well i hope things are good! Thanks too! We are excited to be in Texas it should be fun!!

Gailey Family said...

Oh Amanda such a sad story but I could not help but laugh. My bladder fails me all too often. But I am glas you and Bailey came out alright (minus the big ouch on your leg).

Jake said...

i hadn't laughed that hard in a long while. good story.

Chase Family said...

You just made me almost pee my pants from laughing!

Dane and Jessica said...

hahaha!!!! The only thing that would have made that story better would be if I had been there to actually witness it in person...the next embarassing story i would like you to share (with a picture included) is that one time at the hospital...when you were wearing a skirt....I don't know if you want me to share the whole story or if you want to tell it...maybe that can be my next blog entry

Tyler & Laura said...

You poor thing!! Bladders are never the same after a baby! :( I'm glad you survived though! Bailey is just a doll...I can't believe she has 6 teeth! I am considering buying Jack some dentures.

me and him said...

thank you thank you! i haven't laughed that hard in a LLOOONNNGGG time!! you are so funny! i hope no one else tripped in the puddle!

bailey is darling! i'm sure big head means big brains!!!

Katie Smith said...

Holy CRAP, I'm trying, really I am, to not laugh uncontrollably but the way you tell that story is hysterical. I'm sorry you fell, and I'm really sorry your bladder is a complete waste of space.

P.S. Can't wait for cooking with Molly this week. Can we watch American Idol results as part of the party? If not, I may have to come over again to watch with you.

Lindsay Henderson said...

Okay, I'm not gonna lie, I wish I was there to witness that one!!!! You crack me up and I'm super excited I found you on here!!!

Justina Selim said...

I could not stop laughing while I was reading that story! So sorry you feel and kinda scary that you were holding Bailey, but so funny the way you told it! I have fallen down stairs with Aiden before and it is way scary, mine were carpeted, so not nearly as painful though! I love that part on Nemo too! I can not tell you how many times I have watched that movie these last couple of days! It is the only thing that makes my sick child smile!

Scott, Mandi and the boys said...

I don't know who I think she looks like more...you or Pete. I am making my blog private so please go mine and leave me your email address so I can send you an invite. Thanks.

Amanda said...

Manda!! oh, a pee puddle?! i am so sorry, but also quite amused! i'm glad you have a good sense of humor about these things =).
Baily looks soo flippin cute in those pics, i love her big toothy grin! Lastly, oh pooh about carly being irish, she was by far the best girl on the show...i loved her!
p.s. let's hang out yo.

Mason & Laura said...

HILarious story!!! Thanks for sharing. You poor thing though--I would probably be traumatized.

Alex and Anna said...

Yes i love pee the pants stories! that is way funny! I have plenty of those stories but not quite as good as yours! I'm glad you didn't tumble down all the stairs though! By the way Bailey is such a doll!!!