Friday, April 11, 2008

Ode to the Besties




They are like 2 peas in a pod. They are 2 months apart but you would never know it. Eve teaches Bailey everything she knows and Bailey is like a little spounge. With Jan and Lynn(Peter's Mom and Dad) in town the last 2 weeks we have been staying with Andy and Emily(brother and sister-in-law) Eve is basically walking and Bailey has caught right on, and much to my sadness, Bailey took about 3 steps today.

I am SOOO glad that Bailey and Eve are so close in age and they already have so much fun together. From the time that Bailey could giggle we would sit them facing each other and they would just smile and laugh. It was almost like they knew that they would be best friends forever and couldn't wait to really play together.

Speaking of best friends, I just want to take a second and add a shout out to Shmalgal Rock. Melanie and I have been besties for a REALLY long time and have been able to maintain a solid, close bond through a lot. We are both at really different points in our life and we still manage to talk a LEAST once a week and manage to see each other when we are really lucky. But today is her Birthday and I just want her to know how much I love her. I am so grateful to have such an awesome friend and I am so glad to know that we will have that friendship through out our lives. Love ya shmal! Have an AWESOME birthday!

7 comments:

me and him said...

those are the cutest pictures of bailey and her buddy! (love the song too!) and you and mel are gorgeous as always! tell her happy birth from me too!

Katie Smith said...

What fun pictures of Bailey and her bestie! They are both so adorable. Oh, and I love that picture of you and your friend. Have I ever told you that I seriously think you are one of the most gorgeous women I have ever known? Completely jealous...

Gailey Family said...

So cute!How fun to have a buddy so close in age.Tell mel Happy Birthday for me!

Josh and Melissa said...

How fun to have a little friend for Bailey. Kate has a cousin that is 2 weeks younger and it's so cute to see them together. Bailey is just too cute and she is really getting around- fun but I'm sure a little tiring for you. Good luck!

Justina Selim said...

Hey, I saw your blog off of Katie Smiths and had to peek! I have been in your ward for only a short time, so I'm not sure if you remember me, but anyways, I really want to buy some bows from you and see what other stuff you sell! We are moving to Vegas for the summer in a couple weeks so I want to get them before I go. I remember you mentioned you had an etsy shop, but I could never find it. I'm excited to get some stuff! Your little girl always looks so cute at church with all of her headbands!

Kera said...

besties are great! I love both of you awesome girls.
How old is Bailey?

Dane and Jessica said...

Amanda where is the picture of me on your best friend post!?!?!? I don't even care if you are in the picture with me because we both know that it would be MUCH better that way, but it's disappointing that you've forgotten who stood by you at timp hospital when NOBODY else liked you! jk! except for the part about it being a good idea to not post pictures of yourself...do us all a favor