Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a fun weekend!
Friday: We went to Centerville to visit the fam! Peter's sister Rachel and her family bought a new home a few months ago and have been through the ringer with all of the renovations. We stopped by to take a gander and it is coming along BEAUTIFULLY! Rachel has a knack for putting things together and having that vision people talk about! Then we went over to his brother's house to play with the kids and try to be helpers before Emily left for China. I hope we were helpers but she MADE us sleep in their bed, I think it was the best night of sleep I have had in a long while. It was THE most comfortable king size bed I have ever seen,.. well felt I guess!



Saturday: After watching Gabe, and Noah, and Eve while Emily ran some last errands before the big trip, we met up with some dear friends in Park City and had a BLAST shopping! Well,.. the girls had a blast shopping, I am pretty sure that if we had been without the husbands, we could have shopped MUCH longer! In fact, the last store we went into Peter and Christian got a little bored and this is what happened!
The kid that took this picture was a handi-tard,.. Peter was sitting next to Chris! But this was the only picture I got of all of us!




After a long day of shopping we all hung out and played games! It was great to be able to just relax and have fun with friends.







Alina was enjoying pulling out her Daddy's eyes and Hair!



Sunday: The usual,.. Church! I know I WENT to church, as in walked in the doors and attempted to listen for 3 hours but I am pretty sure I didn't hear a thing. As sad as that is to admit,.. Bailey is just at that stage where she knows that she can walk and so she wants to be down doing so. It makes church sooooo much harder. At least I am giving the Lord SOMEWHAT of a chance to touch my spirit lacking soul! After church, I acted in behalf of Peter's home teaching companion and went to go teach his family. (Bailey's future in-laws) we got home at 4:59 pm,.. I kicked off my shoes,.. and then I heard a knock at the door. It was OUR home teachers! (My house was disgusting!!!) I was sooooo embarrassed to let them in but I didn't really have a choice! Peter forgot and I never knew about it! As soon as they left we went to Dinner for Alicia's Birthday! Happy Birthday Alicia! And my mom came down from Logan to enjoy the festivities. She decided to stay with us that night.



Happy Birthday Alicia!! (we usually have cheese cake as birthday cake in our family!)

Monday: My sweet husband let me sleep in and then made my mom and I breakfast in the morning. It was Delish! Thanks babe! Then Mo came over and we HAD to make new headbands for the new clothes that were purchased on Sat! So Headbands were made, and bracelets and while the Boys were at Indiana Jones, we watch 27 Dresses. It was a really fun weekend.

Tuesday!: We couldn't let the fun stop on Monday so we extended the weekend fun-ness! Mo teaches 5th grade and they had their end of the year trip to Seven Peaks. Peter and I got season Passes and thought that yesterday would be the PERFECT day to break them in and have some fun in the sun! Most of the stuff wasn't open while we were there but Bailey had a BLAST in the wave pool and kept wanting to go in the deep end with Daddy. I took so many pictures that I will just put a collage of the good ones!



I know you are asking,.. Is Bailey wearing a matching headband for her SWIMSUIT? Well the answer to that is YES,.. Yes she is! She also has a matching towel!


This is what happens to Mommy when she says she doesn't need sunscreen!

Peter was right! (I can't believe I just said that!) It's actually not as bad as it seems,.. just a little sore,.. no blisters or anything! The stinky part of it all is I didn't put sunscreen on so that my legs and face would get a little sun,.. they both must be SO white that the sun couldn't even get to them because they really got NOTHING! I'm really bugged about it too! Oh well! (p.s. I am wearing clothes in this picture! Pete was putting aloe on it and I didn't believe him about how bad it was!)

8 comments:

Tyler & Laura said...

Okay, one word: OW!

But ya know, after such a long winter, even a sunburn can be a good thing!!

Amy C. said...

There is certainly no shame in always looking your best! I am so glad you have matching head bands for Baily -especially for her swim attire. You are a great mom and she is lucky to have you take such good care of her.

Carrie Cudney said...

Not only does Bailey have sparkly shoes, but a leopard print swimming suit with a matching headband! I love it! Little girls are so much fun!

Pete said...

I just have one word for your last picture. Scandalous!

me and him said...

oh...i REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to seven peaks. i LOVE water parks. you lucky thing you! sounds like you guys had so much fun! and i thought the matching headband was absolutly adorable. it looks like something i would do! i love that you went the extra mile and had daddy coordinating too!!! cute cute!

i just read what peter wrote....SOOO FUNNY! he should just admit, he loves it!

Justina Selim said...

I love the matching headband for her swim suit! That is sooo cute!

Alex and Anna said...

haha sounds like a fun weekend other then the sunburn! just as long as it doesn't peel its ok? Waterparks are the best! i love the pink wigs too

Cookie Dough said...

Totally been thinking about you and Bailey the last few days. I had a dream about you guys...Bailey was talking in full sentences already, and you said she was so smart because you fed her chocolate. Random dream, I know.

Ashley Edwards (yes, I stalk your blog)