Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not My plan,.. but the Lords!

Well this is ALWAYS how my life works!!! Every single time!!! I knew AS SOON AS I POSTED MY LAST BLOG SOMETHING LIKE THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!
I will be the first to admit,.. I am a total planner! I am sure that's not to different than most people but I am a little extreme! As soon as we knew Peter was accepted into BYU's MaAcc program,.. I have been keeping my eye on homes in Centerville, I know,.. I am weird!

WELL,.. in relation to my last post, forget everything!

Peter got a job and it isn't at all what we were thinking,.. it's even better! We wanted to be in Centerville, and so Peter was going to get a job that would pay the bills, but not be exactly what he wants. Well he received an unexpected job offer on Friday. At,..

You have probably never heard of it. I know,.. it's a little random, Defiantly NOT the Top 5 Accounting Firms or anything like it. It is a fairly small(as of now) company in Provo(currently, moving soon). They have created software for people who live in Apartment Complexes or rent property, can pay their rent online with check or credit card and also the Management of these Rental communities can manage their residents better,.. people can submit maintenance issues via website, and if you are in the market to move they have nice websites set up for people to shop around!!

This company is in the top 20 fastest growing businesses in the state of Utah, and are expected to be in the top 15 next year and top 5, the year after that.

Peter's undergrad is in Entrepreneurship (masters in Accounting). Being able to jump in a business that has such amazing growth potential is SOOOOO exciting for him. He is just JUMPING inside with excitement. This is his dream job! He loves accounting but not so much the Tax and Audit part, more the small company financial development part.

I heard the guy that stared this company is the founder of

It's also a pretty awesome company. The same guy recently started an Outsourcing company in India. Basically if you need a website created or, software programing done, you can hire someone in India to do it for a LOT less,.. but they keep all of their customer support here in the US! I know awesome right! Here is a picture of this crazy guy who starts all of these companies!
He is actually the guy on the Left. You know,.. he looks an awful lot like this guy,...
This is my CRAZY brother Dave. This is him at his 30th Birthday. Next to my husband, he is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am not going to say too much, or I will be bawling here in a second but it is true,.. this man and the crazy man that started these businesses are one in the same!!! My brother is just Amazing. We are all very excited about his success and know that the amount of time and energy he has put into these companies is defiantly showing. And his loyalty to his friends and family has had a huge impact on his company too. The two other guys in the picture with him are his best friends from growing up. They are all amazing and I just can't say enough about each of them. I love going to bed at night not only knowing that Peter has a job, but he is working beside EXCEPTIONAL men,.. ones that I have always looked up to.

So as the cliche blog goes,... I am SOOO proud(not prideful) of my husband!! All of your hard work has really paid off. Good job Peter,.. I love you Babe!! Thank you for all of your time and effort to support your family and make our lives more secure!! Thank you all for listening to this ridiculously long post!

3 comments:

Tyler & Laura said...

YAAAYY! That is always such a relief when they are FINALLY done with school and they land a job they LOVE! Congratulations! That is amazing.

Mel and David said...

Congrats! I am glad you are staying close to me! BFF!

Mason & Laura said...

Amanda! How exciting!! I loved this blog post, it was fun to read and even brought tears to my eyes (because, yes--your brother is amazing and I love him very much too! (for other people reading this and think I'm weird for saying that: he is my brother-in-law!!)) Anyway, congratulations Peter!