Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A little worry-some

I went to the dentist today.
I have never been bothered by the dentist. I LOVE walking out of there and rubbing my tongue against my teeth and swishing air between my teeth, and knowing they are just so clean! It's such a happy feeling!!!
Well I walked INTO the office thinking,.. "DANG I am good,.. I am 23 and have never had a cavity."
I left with 5 cavities.
I forgot that I haven't had x-rays in like 5 years,.. between pregnancy and the fact that I didn't go to the dentist when I was in school. OOPS.
So I am lying there, on my back, SUPER sad that I had 5 cavities, thinking,.. "MAN I gotta lay off the DP",.. and the dentist leans over me to "take a look". I look up at him as he smiles at me and slowly moves his mask up over his mouth and nose, JUST IN TIME TO SEE,..
Should I be worried that the guy drilling holes in my teeth, and telling me to floss, has a big fat piece of parsley in his pearly whites!?


8 comments:

TC, Ashley said...

Are you joking? That is so funny!! How ironic. You always have the funniest stories to tell. It's so fun to read your blog!

Anonymous said...

Awkward!

Mel and David said...

5 cavities... I'm sorry. But I have to admit you just made me feel more normal! I kept thinking.... "Ah! Amanda hasn't ever had a cavity and I have 5 everytime I go to the dentist!"

Jess said...

HAHAHA!!! and GROSS! It happens to everyone.

RATCH said...

Ummm there is something really disturbing about those teeth and it is not the lettuce.

me and him said...

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

my belly hurts now.

Wes and Dani said...

Hahahaha! :) LOVE it. :)

Dane and Jessica said...

hahaha! That is hilarious. You do realize that cavities aren't the only side effect of all that sugar you are eating right??