Monday, November 16, 2009

Metal

In the last few weeks, I have had a lot of little things that make me think of Metal. You'll see.
I don't like having this Metal ring on my finger. Each and every time I have slipped it on my hand, it was for a reason, a reason I don't like. It ha
s meant(TO ME) that Peter is incapable of wearing it him self. Luckily, I have only worn it twice, and I sure hope it never ends up on my hand again.

About 2 weeks ago, Peter's leg(the one he broke) started really bother him, right where he had surgery. I FREAKED and immediately though he had a blood clot. (I'm a spaz) but the Doc said it was an infection,..... Like that's good or something?!?!?!?!?!?!? (better than a clot I guess) So we scheduled a surgery to have all the metal hardware taken out of his leg. It was a pretty quick procedure, but no wife likes to take their husbands wedding ring off and slip it onto their own hand, and kiss them good-bye. It freaked me out when we did this with his first surgery, and it freaked me out, once again. Not to mention, who knows what those nurses say and do!?!? JAY KAY!

Anyway,.. Peter did GREAT, coming out of anesthesia wasn't much fun. My husband would make a really crappy drug addict. They gave him some morphine right out of surgery and he quit breathing, and so they gave him Loratab(Mel, you can laugh at my spelling!) and even on that he was having a hard time keeping his O2 levels where they needed to be. So,.. at least I know that Peter isn't addicted to pain killers right!? He probably didn't get a good nights sleep that night cause I keep slapping his chest all night, waking him up and asking,.. "are you breathing!?!?" I would have been super annoyed. Sorry babe!
When they were sewing him up, they realized that stitches weren't really going to do the trick because of all the scar tissue from the first surgery, and so they stapled(metal) him up. yummy!
Don't you worry your little hearts people,.. we of course brought home all the metal that was in his leg.
WHAT? You really think I was going to leave the $22,000 worth of metal there for them to do whatever with!? Don't think so!!! So if any of you end up spiral compound fracturing your left leg,... I can get you a good deal on the hardware needed to fix you up real good! I think we would settle for $10 G's!? They were well taken care of,.. in almost perfect condition!? Let me know! ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put it on eBay!

Tyler & Laura said...

Aw, man...what will they do now?? Will he need more surgery?? Poor guy!! That is very scary :( Infections can be so horrible and terrifying! Tyler got a very bad staph infection in his leg right before our first anniversary and he nearly had to have it amputated below the knee. Thank heavens for modern medicine!

Abbie said...

Woah. That's crazy. You never really think about it like that do you... Until you see it.

RATCH said...

That frankenstein leg freaks me out!

RATCH said...

UPDATE YOU BLOG!!!! GOSH!