Sunday, March 7, 2010

Downer Day


I am feeling sorry for my self today. I try to limit my self to one pity party a month, and I think I do pretty well at keeping it at that. Well,.. today was my pity party day,.. and boy was it a PARTY!!!! I'm sorry I didn't invite any of you, but,.... I am just guessing that you wouldn't want to come anyway, cause well,.. that's how you think on days like today. Plus,.. who would I REALLY invite anyway? because no one would have come because I am pitiful ya know!?

Really though.

I'm done today.

I am done pretending that I care to make friends.

I am done putting my self out "there" all the time,.. "there" just feels like thin air.

I am done with laundry because it never ends.

I am done cooking because it's the same menu as last week, and they don't taste that great anyway.

I am trying to fit into my "skinny" clothes. (that aren't skinny really)

I am done trying to grow long hair,.. I keep trying it, and you would think that I would learn everytime I chop it all off.

But I need to add this,......

I am NOT done being a mommy,.. cause I LOVE my girls, they are the reason for the smile on my face.

I am NOT done being a wife, cause I REALLY love my husband a whole heck of a lot.

And when I wake up tomorrow morning,.. I will done being done, and ready to start the laundry, cook a mean breakfast, go to the gym, fix my long hair.

I can't guarantee that am not done trying to make friends, cause I am exausted on that front and utterly frustrated,.. I might take a LONG vacation on that one.

10 comments:

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Sounds like you need a nice vacation in lovely....Iowa, okay not super lovely but still. Hope today is better! And for the record I think your hair is soooo cute short!

Mel and David said...

Um, hello! Next time invite me! I love pity parties!

I am your friend and although we live like a million miles apart, we still have very therapeutic conversations and I wouldn't make it a day without your friendship. Miss you!

-cossedl

Kera said...

cheer up charly. i like you and if we lived by each other i would LOVE to hang out!

Grace said...

Can I just say that even if your hair isn't long, it still always look way cute.

Amy C. said...

I LOVED your hair on Saturday! (BTW it was good to see you and all the Robbins girls) I thought it was getting long and pretty. I also love the color. I like you as a blond. And, just so you know, I was thinking how great you looked when you were standing in front of me and hoping I can fit in my jeans after my baby. I still can't believe how fast you were in yours. You look great!

I hear ya on the laundry and cooking thing though. I am done with toy messes and muddy foot prints too! (I'm jealous you have a yard).

Mason & Laura said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one who throws herself a pity party :) I have to say that I can pretty much relate to EVERY one of your "I'm dones" at one point or another. (especially the friend thing. why does it take work?)

LOVE you--you are awesome and you make me laugh:)

RATCH said...

Sometimes you just need a good pity party. I love you and I'm glad that you are giving yourself today. :) I am also glad that you are optimistic (sp?) about tomorrow.

marci said...

said the girl with millions of friends! you are so cute. but honestly i think you should a called me. i had a pity party scheduled today too! so far it's going great. the house is a mess, the chores are undone and the self-reflection has begun! good luck next month!

Tyler & Laura said...

I will be your friend! I love you!