Saturday, September 20, 2008

All Girl

Bailey has always walked funny,.. by that I mean,.. she holds one hand close to her body, elbow bent, and the other arm swaying crazily! Well she learned very fast that is is so fun to put things in the nook of that tucked in arm,.. ie,.. anything with a strap. Then my very observant 15 month old(I can't believe that!) realized that if you hold something up to your ear,.. and talk in it,.. it is much like a cell phone. So Bailey has really enjoyed this version of dress up, for some time now, and it's to cute. When I listen to her imaginary "conversations" on her phone,.. she always adds in the "bye bye" part and usually waves, but this girl can talk. She always clams up when its a REAL phone and someone on the other end really wants to talk to her.

Well the other night at Grandma and Grandpa Robbins house, we pulled out the REAL dress up clothes and the girls had a hay day!! Bailey LOVED it! (by we I mean Grandma and Aunt Rachel! I was too busy playing Ticket to Ride)



Speaking of walking funny,.. lately Bailey has been walking on her tip toes,.. I have a few concerns with it,.. but I wondering of anyone else's kids do that,.. have done it and out grew it or what? One of my sisters has 4 kids and they ALL walk on their tip toes SEVERELY,.. like cannot put them down. That's why I am worried.

9 comments:

Domestic Bliss(ters) said...

Bailey is adorable! As far as tip toeing goes...research it on google. Probably no big deal, but could be something to check out. http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-that-my-toddler-walks-on-her-tiptoes_11648.bc

Lori said...

I hope I get a girly girl too!! So fun. And the family picture you have at the top of the page... i LOVE it!

Tyler & Laura said...

She is such a funny little girl! Aww...I wish I could play dress-up with Jack, but I know that's me just BEGGING for future therapy sessions when he's older. Oh well, maybe this time we'll get a girl! Thanks for your sweet comment; ha ha! I sure don't feel gorgeous! I got that top at Vanity...yeah, oh well! It's a teenage store! But I like it because it's super-long, almost tunic-like, it has a little hoodie in the back, and two little front pockets. You should totally get one!

Josh and Melissa said...

Bailey is so cute- how fun to listen to her conversations! As for the walking on tip toes- since Kate was tiny, she pretty much stood on her toes. When she first started walking, she tried it on her toes. Every now and then, she will do it, but she grew out of it. I'm sure Bailey just trying to see things that are a little higher:)

Trent & Tara said...

Bailey is getting so big...so she is walking funny huh? She is so fun to watch at church..Trent and I think she has a great personality.

Lori said...

Hey! I just answered your question about the Followers thing, but I think you've already figured it out!! :) They make it pretty easy to import all of your subscriptions from google reader, so if you need help w/that (so you can check the latest posts from your dashboard in blogger) then take a look at my reply... :)

Thanks for offering to help on Saturday! I really think it'll be okay, but if you show up a few minutes early then we might put you to work. :) Just come! That would be the best thing!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Hey Amanda! I saw that you had a blog on your facebook page and thought I would check it out. Bailey is So cute!!! I love the picture of you and her with her cake!

Mason & Laura said...

Ok those pictures are seriously sooooo freakin' adorable! What a GIRL!!!! (ok, and I also "tagged" you or whatever...go to my blog to see what to do--yours will be funny to read)

Grace said...

Bailey is getting so big I can't believe it. My sister walked on her tip toes but she is autistic and that is one of their traits. From the blog I can tell that Bailey is definitely not autistic so I wouldn't worry about that. Probably just a phase she is going through.