Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Season is FINALLY here!!

It has been a fun week at the Robbins house hold.
Monday-Ward Christmas Party "A Night in Bethlehem"
Tuesday- We were able to go to the MTC with Peter's parents and hear Lynn address the missionaries. It was wonderful!
Wednesday- Cheesecake Factory for Peter's Birthday
Thursday- Always a fun night at home! We (I) decided since I hadn't cooked yet this week,... WHY start?? So we ordered Nicoitalia Pizza(A must if you have never had it!) and rented Wall-E and OF course The Office,.. we are TOTAL fans (addicts)
Friday- We put an offer in on another house, and headed to Salt Lake. We were headed up there to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert. We got to Centerville a little later than we wanted and so finding a restaurant to eat at posed slightly difficult. So we decided to dine in style in De Restaurant ala VenDing Machine. It was "World Class" dining. Then we were headed to the concert. After our VIP dining we really did get some VIP treatment. We (It was my first time everyone elses hundredth) got to walk through the underground tunnels to the conference center. It was really fun too! I'm not used to all the VIP-ness.
The concert was AMAZING!!! Brian STOKES Mitchell( I know,.. just a middle name away from the creepo that kidnapped Elizabeth Smart) was there. He is the guy that sings, Look through Heavens Eyes from Prince of Egypt. He was great, and we even got to meet him after. Also Edward Herrmann (he plays Roosevelt in Annie) was there also. He was great too. I had been having a hard time really enjoying the Christmas Season this year and I just wasn't feelin it,.. I have just been feelin sick! But being there, and listening to such an amazing musical performance was just what I needed.
Then I woke up to snow(or as Bailey calls it, Nose, she can't get the "S" in front) Nothing better than snow to make me feel like it's Christmas.



Merry Christmas Everyone!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Manda!
You didn't tell me you were making an offer!! i'm so exciting for you - i hope you get it!! When do you find out?

RATCH said...

love you and I am glad you are finally feeling in the spirit! I am anxious to hear about the house.

Justin and Ashley said...

I love the snow too! Are you still feeling pretty sick then? I'm sorry. :( How crazy that you got to walk underneath the conference center in the tunnels, how cool. :)
-Ashley
p.s. where was that picture taken from your header?

Amanda said...

We took that at a house in the Riverwoods homes that Christmas threw up all over! It's a fund house to drive by!

Katie Smith said...

I'm glad you are feeling more of the Christmas spirit. I love Christmas!! You're going to have to tell me more about this pizza because I'm convinced there is no where as good as the one place in Oregon so we don't even order pizza because nothing is as good. I would love to find a replacement!!

Mandy said...

Merry Christmas Amanda! Can't wait to see you when you come up to Logan!