Monday, December 29, 2008

HOME for the Holidays!?!? Not so much!!

It sure was fun to be where we were for Christmas,.. and that was with Family. It doesn't matter where we are,.. we know how to have fun!! But we ( MY SIDE) also puts the fun in DISFUNCTIONAL!! We were able to spend 4 days at a fun cabin in Heber over Christmas, which was VERY fun,.. the drive there and home,.. not so fun!! Luckily we made it safe!! Bailey had a BLAST with Uncle Bob, and Spencer. And even more fun in the snow with Daddy! I only had one crazed moment of hysterical laughing, followed by an UGLY cry/bawl session!! (you know what that is, we all have an ugly cry!) Bailey LOVES Uncle Bob!


My cute mom making Gingerbread men with the grand kids!



A fun time playing the chimes to Christmas songs on Christmas Eve.



We had to get in like a million games of Ticket to Ride. I am kinda mad that I taught everyone how to play, because now they all beat me! Punks!


My Dad isn't the "sleep in" type, but he slept a little later than normal on Christmas morning, so my siblings and I decided to relive our childhood by walking him up. It was classic and so fun!



Santa knew Bailey LOVES books, and so she got a BOAT load and was SOOO excited!



I GOT MY MIXER!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Bailey's FIRST bubble bath,.. I know I am a lame mom, but I had my reasons for waiting, non legit of course!

Christmas came and went (as it always does) and we were headed "home" for a 3 hour break, just to head up to Spring Haven for another weekend of Robbins Family awesomeness! They aren't so Dysfunctional!

All the cousins in their new outfits from Grandma and Grandpa!



Spring Haven has THE best places to go sledding. Waist deep know made it a little hard, so we stuck to the easy stuff and just pulled Bailey. SHE LOVED IT!!!


And the poor pink marshmallow didn't love sharing her sled so much.


As a little side story, on our way back to Provo, Peter looked at me and said "Well Christmas is over" and from the back seat we hear a VERY excited baby saying, YEA!!!!! Yea! Yea!!! I don't think she meant it! Cause let's face it, Santa knew she was a VERY good girl this year and didn't spare on the rewards!

On a little sadder note. I haven't been able to get this out of my head so I thought I would share. In our 3 hour break at home before we headed to Spring Haven I turned on the t.v. for a few minutes, just in time to hear that 2 good friends from High School had been killed in a Snowmobiling/Avalanche accident on Christmas Eve. One being a newlywed of just 3 short months. It breaks my heart to think of the world without these men, and how their families' hearts are aching. My thoughts and prayers go out to these families and Erik's beautiful wife. It makes me realize how amazing the atonement truly is, and how wonderful this gospel is. I pray that when the time of mourning has passed and there is healing happening for everyone affected, they will lean on the Lord for comfort and come to truly understand (more so than I) the atonement, and blessings of eternal marriage, and eternal families. Erik, and Jesse, you will be missed!

Happy New year to all this week!

3 comments:

marci said...

what a great post! we sure are lucky to have such amazing friends in our lifes. your Christmas looked so fun and busy! you and i got the same gift! yipee!! and i have to ask...where on earth did you find that sled. it looks PERFECT for little bums! happy new year manda

Justin and Ashley said...

You guys had a busy Christmas! So fun! Bailey looks so stinkin' cute in her snow clothes. :)I'm glad you got your mixer! I bet that was a way exciting! Um, let's play soon, okay?!?
-Ashley

Taylor Jewell said...

What a fun Christmas. I still can't get the snowmobiling tragedy out of my head either. I feel so much pain for his wife. What a terrible thing. Both such nice boys. Hope you have a happy new year. Bailey is darling.