Monday, January 26, 2009

Joy OH Joy!

Katie, I, in-part, blame you for this! ;) I am totally kidding!
We are SOOOO excited to move, but it seems like things keep coming up that seem more important than spending our first night in our new house. Which is fine by me, KINDA, because it means that I can keep procrastinating packing. Some of the best advice I have ever been given is this quote "Procrastinate NOW,.. Don't put it off!" Thank you Ellen! I think I am going to get vinyl letters and put that over the T.V. Good Idea eh!?
Anyway, (Tangent!) It hasn't REALLY hit me that we are moving, and what an adjustment it is actually going to be.
-Peter is ACTUALLY done with school, that day DOES come guys!!!
-Peter is ACTUALLY working full time, in his CAREER!
-New Baby on the way
-New Ward
-A driveway to shovel
-A yard to take care of
-An extra few thousand square feet of house to clean YIKES!
-Bailey is getting a big girl bed, so is Mommy! (Queen to King baby!!!)
-Last but defiantly NOT least,.. A New Ward
It all hadn't really hit me until yesterday in Relief Society. We get a new RS Presidency, and it hit me like a TON of bricks, not only is the RS Prez changing, but I AM MOVING!!!! We are going to miss our ward TERRIBLY!! We have made SUCH amazing friends, and I don't know why I am having such a hard time letting go of our ward, but I AM!
I have never been sad to leave a ward before. Never EVER!
No offence to Billings People, but leaving Montana was the best thing that ever happend to my family, because as you all know, life was a struggle for us there.
Graduating High School meant, SINGLES ward, and older men/Returned Missionaries, EVERY 18 year old girls DREAM! HALLELUJAH!!!
I never got that attached in any singles ward I was in.
So that leaves me here. Sitting in RS, watching Katie cry, and it started, the UGLY cry set in and I COULD NOT CONTROL IT!! I am telling you, sure as day, that those tears would NOT stop flowing, THANK YOU FETUS! I am pretty sure it was an accumulation of the stress of moving, and getting everything done, and trying to make sure that the furniture matches, and trying to keep up with regular life, AND being preggers. I was so embarrassed to look up and see the Bishop and his cute wife staring at me like, Girl, you've got issues while also worrying I may pass out from the lack of O2, and dehydration, from the amount of Salt Water steadily flowing. I'M GOING CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!! I AM MY MOM WHO BAWLS AT THE OPENING OF A NEW GROCERY STORE,.. yes, she cried when the new Macey's opened in Providence!
So, as an ode to my ward buddies,.. I LOVE YOU guys! Thanks for being the best ward I have ever lived in, I do believe! I could name each person and elaborate on how awesome you are, but I won't. Just know I love your guts, so don't forget me cause I move 2 cities away -K-!? I might just invite my self to all the Mother's Groups and come, even though I am no longer invited! I'll bribe you with treats!

8 comments:

Tyler & Laura said...

Amanda, you are so funny! I love reading your blog; I always laugh my head off! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog too...I needed that! From one preggie to another :) Seriously, moving is hard. Jack was 8 months old when we moved from our apartment to our new house so I know what a struggle it is to try to pack, entertain a kid, actually MOVE and CLEAN and ORGANIZE and...bahh! Tessa did it too...it's just crazy! My suggestion is recruit as much help as possible :) Have someone come over to watch and play with Bailey while you try to unpack and get things set up and put away; that helped me a lot. You will LOVE having a new house, even all the extra cleaning, maintenance, lawn-mowing, snow-shoveling; it's all worth it when you know it's YOURS!

Gailey Family said...

Amanda I love that your a cry baby too! I thought I was the only one. Moving is hard but I know that you will LOVE that gorgeous new home! I tell ya what when you are ready to move let me know. I will come and get Bailey and her and Easton can have a play date! FOR REAL! He would love it and it would give you a break to get some stuff settled. Dont worry about asking for help you will need it. I am so excited for you and your big move even though it means alot of changes for you! Seriously call me anytime and I will take her all day or night if you want! Heck they could have a big kid sleepover take the weekend girl! :) Let me know!

me and him said...

oh so many changes! but so many WONDERFUL changes. and i'm so glad that graduation really does come...i was starting to wonder! you are so cute. i cried so hard when we left our ward. i loved every person there and knew them all well too! it's so hard to go from 'friends with everyone' to 'knowing no one!' a definate adjustment. but i love your mom! she's always so friendly to me. and it makes me smile that she cried when macey's came! so cute! hang in there....you'll love it when your more settled!

Mel and David said...

Oh my gosh.... I was sitting in class "pretending to listen" and write when the teacher paused and it was silent. I read that sweet Patti Bateman cried when Macey's opened AND.... I laughed out loud. And gave away the fact that I was not paying attention. Patti, I love you! That is so sweet! I miss you! Manda- love your guts!

Grace said...

I know how you feel. I still miss the 5th ward and all the friends we had there. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Lori said...

Amanda- I looked across the room during the lesson and saw that you were crying a little and wanted to give you a hug, but I didn't know you were crying a lot! You are going to be the superstar of your new ward, just like you were in this one. Everyone loves you! How can they not? You are so talented and nice to other people, and you're hilarious. Love it. We will miss you guys tons.

I must say... I, too, laughed out loud when you talked about your mom crying at the grocery store grand opening. :) I bet she's a really awesome Mom.

Katie Smith said...

Oh my sweet Amanda. I was such a wreck on Sunday that I didn't even notice you were a wreck too! I'm glad I was in good company. Pregnancy hormones suck don't they?

You have no idea how much we, or at least I, am going to miss you. It's just not going to be the same? Who will keep Jack company during sacrament meeting? He and Bailey are still betrothed, right?

If you feel so inclined I want you to come back for the baby's blessings. We are doing them March 29th (I'll send you an email later), but it's an excuse to come back, right?

Oh, and you need to throw a huge party in your new HUGE house..since you are the best party planner I know.

Let me know if you need help with any of your moving stuff. I'm a real good cleaner. :)

TC, Ashley said...

Amanda, I will miss you! Your fun spirit is contagious! I know I will be bawling like a baby when I leave as well which won't be too far away (sometime this summer). That will make it about 4 years we will be in the 5th ward and we also have made amazing friends. It is really hard to let go-I know how that feels. I always cry saying goodbye! Good luck to you! By the way, Aubrey called me last night to tell me she still has your tupperware for when you delivered dinner to her awhile ago. Anyway, we need to get those back to you! Lol