Friday, January 2, 2009

Humble Pie

So a little background on Peter and I. We met in our singles ward, and were in the same FHE group. I thought he was really cute, he would always stay and do our dishes, and help us clean up after FHE, which was very nice. It took Peter FOREVER to ask me out, so I asked him to come over and watch a movie with me, and then he couldn't resist my, oh so lady like, obnoxiousness. ;) Well we dated for a whole 3 weeks before we had set a date, and just one more week until I had a ring on my finger. I know,.. it was so long, I don't know how I survived the long journey. Within 3 months of meeting, and dating, we were married.


All was fine with me, my parents were cool with it, and I think his parents were alright with it all, they may have changed their minds since, but now they are stuck with me! Sorry! ;) But the bestie had her hesitations. I call her Schmally Pants, her real name is Melanie. She was no so sure that you you can really fall in love that fast, and know it's right. So I just laugh about it, because there wasn't one hesitation on either Peter's or my part. And I know the whole time she couldn't figure out what was wrong with me!

So Schmally is AWESOME,.. the best bestie any bestie could ask for. She decided to take a trip to visit her sister in Iowa where her brother-in-law is going to Medical school. While there her sister set her up on a blind date which went really well and they hung out the rest of Mel's time there. They continued to talk on the phone after she got home, and one day Dr. David decided to buy him self a present for Thanksgiving, a plane ticket for Schmally. Well, in the mean time, they decided that this was it, and neither of them were going anywhere.

Dr. David came out here for Christmas and on Christmas Eve, purposed!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!


So I keep reminding Melanie that it took Peter and I 3 weeks to decide to get married, so eat up that humble pie Schmally pants!! I won't stop serving it for a REALLY long time. Simply because they decided to get married June 6th, and maybe I will be 9 months pregnant, and in the stages of REALLY ugly pregnancy, with memory foam ankles. BLARGE!!!!!!

CONGRATS SCHMALLY!!!! I love your guts!! Even though I haven't met Dr. David yet, I am confident in your rapid decision to wed!


7 comments:

marci said...

sorry you had to wait SO LONG for a ring manda! and heres a hip hip horray shout out to mel. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Melanie getting married! What a good story by the way! Adam and I knew we were getting married in two months so I know how the rapid engagement goes haha

Kera said...

they make such a cute couple! um, so where are they going to live?
how much longer do they both have in school?

Amanda said...

They are going to live in Iowa, Mel has a year and a half left of Pharmacy school the last year is rotations in different pharmacys and she can do that in Iowa.

Dane and Jessica said...

And Peter has never stopped regretting making that RIDICULOUS decision I understand why you did it...you knew you needed to get him to marry you before he came to his senses anyways I wish my bestest bestie "Tessa" would get married. So I am happy for both of you...and who cares if you are 9 months prego you wouldn't have fit into the dress anyways!

Mandy said...

manda I am laughing out loud right now...not only has mel admitted to eating the "humble pie" she even told my mom and i that she has "eaten the plate" the only thing that bugs me is you will look better in your dress nine month prego, than i will in mine and i am not expecting. good thing that blind date i set them up on went so well huh? thanks for being such a good friend to her, we the miller fam think your great!

Tyler & Laura said...

Oh my goodness...Melanie looks so beautiful and happy! I haven't seen her in EONS...okay, graduation. Next time you see her, tell her congrats for me!