Friday, June 12, 2009

And the Winner Is,.....

Amy Carlson!


Congrats!!! You will be receiving (via mail unless I am totally on my game tomorrow and I bring it to the shower) a gift certificate to,..........








Amy's story about us:

I don't know if it was the first time or just one of the first times we met. You and Peter arrived at Bear Lake and you were White (because I am sure you were mad, frustrated, embarrassed, worried, . . .) -You were so upset that it got left off that you two would be getting married in the temple on your wedding announcements.

So I will add a little more detail to this story,..

When Peter and I got engaged and married, it was,.. well a whirlwind. I had a little over a month to plan and execute a wedding while working full time and honestly,.. I really didn't care about my wedding,.. I just wanted to get married already. So,.... EVERY YEAR Grandma Robbins throws a birthday bash at Bear Lake over the weekend closest to 4th of July. (We are SUPER bumed we are going to miss it this year!)

Peter's parents had JUST gotten into town from Argentina(where they were living at the time) and I had met his parents ONCE. Had talked to them on the phone ONCE. SO,.. needless to say I was trying to be on my best behavior and impress them. Well the wedding invitations came, we dropped off Peter's sides invites at his parents to address and send, and headed off to Bear Lake. Well we get about half way there and Peter gets a phone call from his Dad............ in all the wedding planning I had overlooked one tiny detail(not so tiny) but the fact that we were being sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake temple was NOT on the invitation and we were 16 days from our wedding day(no time to order new invitations or so I thought!).

One of the people on our list to recieve the invitation,..... President Gordon B. Hinkley. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I BAWLED for a week every time I thought about it. The invites also had the wrong DATE and TIME for those invited to the temple. I WAS SO RETARDED!!!! I am SURE I was white in the face Amy,.. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die mostly. GAH!! I can't believe myself! I am glad Jan and Lynn have somewhat come to expect these things from me!! :D

Thanks for the memory Amy!

Also,.. for those that read about the contest and didn't ENTER,.. you are lame!

Especially you Melanie Leone Miller Carr,.. shame on you! It doesn't matter you were on your honeymoon! :P

3 comments:

Amy C. said...

I am so so happy and excited! I am not the kind of girl to win . . . EVER. I think I'm going to have to be your best friend now. I hope it wasn't a bad memory -I just remember you saying, "Anyone who knows us will know we are getting married in the temple." Its true -you two are the best and a super cute couple!

Mel and David said...

hahaha! I love that you singled me out! I have way too many memories to write one down. AND a blog comment wouldn't give it justice. But I have three letters for you BFS! Yep you know what that stands for! and I just made salsa and I remember you and the night we made a huge bowl and ate it all by ourselves and then.... well you know the rest!

-mentises

Amy C. said...

I am totally happy with knowing I won. You don't have to get me a prize. It was good to see you last night.