Monday, June 1, 2009

I needed today

Ahhh,.. in the midst of chaos, I knew a "normal day" was in the works somewhere. I don't think the Lord knew how badly I needed that to be TODAY.
Yesterday was the peak of the emotional toll life has had on me the last 2 weeks. After a full hour of fighting Bailey in the foyer and being determined to not let her "win", I left church BAWLING and had to say good-bye to my mom(who has been a life saver!). I came home and freaked out about life, and how I can't/am not handling it. It sucked to step back and realize that my 2 year old was running the show around here. She is winning. CRAP!
Well after a good bawling session, and a LONG afternoon's nap, I came to the conclusion that I just needed a break down. Being 8 1/2 months pregnant, and having Peter break his leg, understanding that Bailey is hard to handle a lot of the time, is going to catch up with me. I think I am at the point where I realized that feeling sorry for myself isn't going to help me through any of this. But informing Peter he gets FULL ON diaper duty as soon as his casts are off(which will be when there are 2 poopie diapers to change)well,.. that helped! ;) So I finally cried. Ahhhh,.. it felt good. Crying does a lot. But a "normal day" did a lot more!
*I woke up, and actually had energy!!
*Caught Bailey with the phone having a make believe conversation that went like this "not understandable words,.. Hello? Lella?? Oh hi,.. I talk,.. Bye bye Lella" (Lella=beloved cousin Ella)
*Bailey and I went to Costco and ate yummy HUGE strawberries as we shopped, and she only screamed like a crazy woman once.

*Funny conversations with Bailey in the car. I heard this coming from the back seat today,.. "Penture(one of the many beloved cousins),.. Where are you? At Work!" What a funny girl!
*We came home to our front yard being worked on. We are SOOO excited to step out or front door and have a yard to play in instead of more rocks than dirt to play with.
*We had lunch,.. more strawberries. Maybe some extra chocolate for Mommy,.. What,..? the baby wanted it.
*Bailey brought me my nail polish and looked at me and said,.. "match mommy!" How can you resist that???? So we gave Bailey a manicure and pedicure. Yes,.. note the Spiderman lunch box, but also note the dainty way in which she holds said lunch box.
*I can't reach my feet, and when I try, All I get is an opportunity to change my pants. :D SUPER HAPPY!!! n't Bladder Sling surgery to come I do believe. Might as well seeing as how our out of pocket maximum + deductible is SURE to be met this year! Plus I don't like feet(except Bailey's for a little while longer anyway) and mine have developed sudden on set of Elephantitus. Well,. Really they have turned into memory foam. See..Can you see the thumb print where my ankle bone SHOULD be showing?? I had been resting my foot on a laundry basket, and this line is still there 20 minutes later,.. that's memory foam!
Who has a roll right there??? Oh,.. I do!

*I put Bailey, AND myself down for a much needed nap.

*Woke up to the voice of my sweet husband on his way home from work(first day back post accident)
*Made my most craved dinner,.. Taco Salad.

Now I am paying the price with heart burn,.. totally worth it!

*Watched Bailey and her Daddy read books together.

*and BLOGGING!! While I REALLY enjoy one of these out my window!
More chocolate and Strawberries to come, I'm almost certain.
There CAN be some normalcy amongst so much chaos!! Good to know!
Let's have another one of these days tomorrow!?
p.s. It's JUNE???????

5 comments:

RATCH said...

Oh I am so glad that you had a much needed normal day! And "lella" love her bailey too!

Amanda said...

I'm sorry you had such an emotional weekend, but am so glad to hear that Monday was good! That's rare! I love Bailey's conversations too...she is hilarious!
I also enjoyed the post about caring for 2 infants...you are hilarious (easy to see where Bailey gets it) =). I just now read it...that's how long I've been offline!
Lastly, I was going to use that same background this month! wow, great minds, huh?? I guess I'll wait though...=).
LOVE YOU!

Tyler & Laura said...

Okay, now I really want chocolate and strawberries...can I still have an overload of cravings if I'm not preggo anymore? I'm glad you've been having a better day--I don't think anyone would be able to handle all that you've gone through without going a little crazy! You poor thing.

Jess said...

Stawberries and chocolate can make any day soooo much better! I'm sorry about your swollen feet and ankles... oh the joys of pregnancy.

Loralee said...

You can trust me on this... thatis a SUPERMAN lunch box not Spiderman. I bet you knew that, your baby is starting to take brain cells.