Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!

{HaPpY BiRtHdAy bAiLeY!!!!}

I can't believe I am the mother of a 2 year old. It ALMOST makes me cry,.. but I can honestly say that I have so much enjoyed her everyday!! Some days were harder to enjoy than others but I wake up EVERY morning EXCITED to see her smiling face and now to hear her greet me when I open her bedroom door with "goo-marnin a mamma". Oh I just melt when I hear those words.
Some of my favorite things she has been saying lately are "stanks a mamma" (that means thanks) and she likes to sit on my lap and point out my "boops"(boobs) She thinks that's REALLY funny!! (and it is!) Bailey loves to walk around the house during the day and sing "mamma,.. Aowie"(where are you?) and then if she can't find me she says "at work" We usually do this for an hour in the morning looking for daddy too, but he really IS at work!
I think I announced this,.. but Bailey has FINALLY started calling me mamma,.. and usually there is an A in front of it so I am "a mamma". It's okay,.. I'll take it, and love it, and enjoy it! It took long enough. (She did decide to call me Dadda for about 2 hours this morning though)
Well we celebrated with Bailey's party last weekend at SpringHaven. It was GREAT!! It was a nemo bash!! We wanted to have some fun water games outside but it was pouring rain, so we made it short sweet and to the point, inside. We had a nemo pinata and we hid it so the kids had to "Find Nemo" before we could bash it in. I was a little afraid it would be traumatic for Bailey to beat "mamo" with a bat, but she LOVED it!! I don't know if that is a good thing or not,..?
The KIDS table,. we put Dave there on purpose.
I don't know HOW they found it so fast. I thought it looked cool in the "seaweed"
Bailey found 'A' sucker and was set for the rest of the day!
I realize that most mom's would have a heart attack if they saw their baby thrown this high,.. but this is pretty tame for a baby tossing session from Uncle Dave.
Ooh,.. "a-monos"(animals)
As you can see, the animals were a big hit, and Bailey didn't really care to open any other presents. Thanks for the Animals Penture!!!
Bailey's GHETTO Birthday cake. I had all intentions of making a full on Nemo cake, but it came down to it,.. and I opted to NOT stand on my feet making a cake for HOURS the night before!
And we had, HAD it by this point in the party,.. so Bailey blew out her candle and took a nice LONG nap!!
As a Robbins Family tradition, the birthday person gets breakfast in bed, and this is a tradition that I LOVE!! So we are doing it in our family too. Bailey got a yummy Mickey "cancake" and some fruit and juice in bed. Probably not the BEST idea for 2, but it was fun and worked out great!! She was more excited about the presents than the food, which is to be expected.


So,...

My Beautiful Baby Girl,

I remember two years ago being so anxious for you to be here, so I could hold you and kiss you! Daddy and I would lie in bed at night and dream, and talk for hours about all the fun things we wanted to do with you, teach you, and places we wanted to take you, and all the people we wanted you to meet. When we finally had you in our arms we were so incredibly happy we cried, and we laughed about the fact that we were crying. You have been SUCH an angel even through all of Mommy and Daddy's parental learning experiences. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby girl. Thank you for all the laughs and all the joy. We never knew we could love so much more, and so much deeper. You are going to be SUCH a good big sister, and even though you SAY you don't want to be a big sister, I know better!!! ;) I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday!

Love Mommy and Daddy

6 comments:

RATCH said...

Oh I love that girl!!! I just want to squeeze and kiss her. Give her a big hug from me!

Brandon . Ash . Bennnett said...

She's two?!?!? Oh my! That is so much fun. I officially cried while reading this post - probably because before we know it my little Bennster will be two! Aren't we lucky to be mom's??!?!?! Anyways, we love you guys and miss you - I hope to see you guys (and miss Chloe)soon...
Happy Birthday Bailey girl!
Love you tons,
Ash

Anonymous said...

My first thought was that you were wishing Baby Chloe a happy birthday! I thought she had arrived! That's too bad that it rained for Bailey's birthday. And that cake was really cute, totally un-ghetto.

*TTC*Chick* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wes and Dani said...

Wow she is such a doll! Can't wait to see pictures of your new little baby! :) And you throw an AWESOME 2-year-old party!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Happy Birthday Bailey! She's so dang cute! I can't wait to see little Chloe... hope you're hanging in there!