Wednesday, September 9, 2009

frustration.

DISCLAIMER: You may not agree with me on this.
I am kinda frustrated. I took the kiddos to the Doctor today.


Yes this little butterball is 97%,........in everything.

Heeee heee,.. she is so fat! I LOVE IT!




Well it came time to give Chloe her immunizations, instead, I am starting to give Bailey her immunizations that she didn't receive.
Here is my thought process on immunizations.
I think they are VERY important. I DON'T think that my newborn needs vaccinated for Hepatitis B the second she is brought into this world though. (Hep B is transmitted through Blood Transfusions, Sexually, and a few other ways) She isn't going to get Hep B, not to mention it's FULL of mercury. I DO think that she needs it eventually. My kids stay at home with me, if they were in daycare or preschool, I would want them immunized.
I also take issue with the fact that these shots are "one size fits all" for example, my little nephew who was a preemie, weight a whopping 4 lbs 11oz(I think I'm close) received the same amount of Hep B vaccine as my chunky 7lbs 5oz little boogers(i know, an endearing term).
I also am concerned about the link between Autism and Vaccinations. The CDC can't say yes, they do lead to Autism, but they also can't say No, they don't.
Back to the fact that I DO think that they are important. I think that some people see vaccinations for things like Polio, and Measles, aren't necessary because no one gets them,.. well no one gets them,......because of vaccinations. My children will be fully caught up by the time they are in kindergarten. But when it is Peter and I(who are vaccinated) and them, all day, everyday, I am choosing not to give my 2 month old with a brand new immune system, a bunch of mercury.
So the reason for frustration. I started catching Bailey up. The idea behind it,. instead of Chloe getting shots, Bailey gets them. So Bailey just got her 2 month shots :D.
Well we are in the Dr.'s office and all the nurses are trying to talk me into giving Bailey more than her 2 month shots, to which I said no.
They were being rude.
I was being nice, and just kindly declining.
The Dr comes in and says,
"If you are not going to immunize your children on time, we would ask that you not bring them here to be treated, please find a new physician."
-wow-
Reason being:
If I took Bailey to that office with Pertussis(whooping cough), which is highly contagious, I could infect his other patients.
ummm,... kids who ARE vaccinated can still get Pertussis. -thanks
I ran into this same problem when I took Bailey to her 2 month appointment, but her Dr(at the time) literally said,
"you are an idiot for not vaccinating."
I AM,.. just not now, JERK!
So I am now on the hunt for a Dr. who will be flexible with me.
I Never thought I would say this, but I miss BYU health clinic.

7 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

That is WILD. I can't believe they would basically refuse to treat you!!!!

RATCH said...

Wow... I am seriously shocked. I think you should write a leter ;to the editor and use this Doc by name. Your are imunizing... just not as infants. Kids are required to have their shots by Kindergarted. I didn't realize it was a REQUIREMENT before then. I also wonder as we get closer and closer to socialized medicine if such things will be required as infants to get further treatment? Good think to find out.

Amy C. said...

I do believe that any Dr or Nurse who has held a dying baby or child because of something that could have been prevented has a right to fight for immunizations. But I also believe it is the Mothers choice and you should be treated equal and respected. I also feel STRONGLY about immunizations -I made the decision with my first one that even if there were a link to autism, I'd rather have a child with special needs then loosing a child to an illness.

Sorry for your frustrations, good luck finding a new Dr.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nielson News said...

I totally agree with you when it comes to immunizations!! I have had the same concerns-never had a doc do that to me though! Adam is caught up with the exception of flu shots-don't feel good about those and Tessa is behind on her shots because I didn't feel good about starting her immunizations "on time". Go with your gut!! Mommy's know what is best for their kids-not the doctor! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Chloe has the greatest cheeks ever!!! I wish I could see her more often.

Abbie said...

I feel that if one has done the research and has valid, logical reasons for delaying than so be it. I don't feel though that "we always know best" BUT we also shouldn't feel bullied into doing something. My friend, also concerned with mercury levels in vaccines and the possible links to autism just called me today and her 7 month old has measles. Her 2 1/2 year old got it first and now the younger one has it.