Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Those Little Moments

I am human,.. I know,.. shocker!  I get caught up in the monaughtany(Spelling?) of life,.. and forget to stop and take a little mental picture sometimes.  But last night, the opportunity presented it's self, to stop and really think about how much I love my kids and my life right now.  

Chloe developed a stuffy nose as of 7:30 last night and for a self soother by way of finger sucking,.. a stuffy nose means misery.   So after a long time of fussing and crying, I went up and just picked her up and rocked her,.. which we haven't done very much since she quit nursing.  She didn't want to lay down with her head on my forearm,.. she wanted to be right there,.. snuggled on my chest.  The next thing I knew,.. her little hand was resting on my chest too,.. and then it started patting it's way up my chest,.. on my neck,.. and then all over my face, and then came to a resting place on my chest by her little nose.  She just wanted to make sure I was still there and still really snuggling her.  It was just so sweet and something I don't ever want to forget.

I gently put Chloe back in her crib and decided since I was close, to go in and check on Bailey,.. I quietly opened the door,.. and tip-toed in, by her bed,.. brushed her hair out of her face, and kissed her forehead.  She didn't open her eyes at all,.. but said,.."Hi Mommy" and I replied,.." HI Bailey,.. I love you" and Bailey said,.. " I love you too Mommy" "Go back to sleep"  "Okay Mommy" 

All while maintaining her same position with her eyes closed.  It was just so sweet.

I am just filled with gratitude.  I am one super lucky girl with an amazing little family(I have a pretty amazing BIG family too)  but I just love this point that I am in, in life,.. and trying to truly enjoy my kids, while they are little.  My house can be cleaned later.  (If you saw it right now,.. you would laugh)

{Note,.. the naked sister in the background}
I love you girls!

6 comments:

RATCH said...

LOVE this post. It made me miss you guys!

Jess said...

This is such a sweet post. BTW, LOVE the naked picture, glad to know I'm not the only one who lets their kids run around in their underwear. lol

Mel and David said...

Oh so sweet. I love the poem that says.

"Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

So... don't worry about that dirty house... it WILL keep.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

I totally agree. There is nothing sweeter than those special little moments with your kids. My favorite time of day is rocking Baylor to sleep. There are so many nights that I still just hold him after he's fallen asleep. Bad habit I know, but I love it :) Your girls are so sweet- and sassy of course. I love the undies pic :)

Pete said...

like. (I am still laughing about the word monaughtany)

Kera said...

You're oldest girl looks just like you.