Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Am I cut out for this!?

So here is a whining post for ya.

I LOVE pregnancy but for real,.. the first trimester BITES!!! I am SOO unbelievably tired, ALL day. Today I was driving home from a long day of house shopping and I realized that I didn't have everything I needed to compile an entire feast of my amazing cooking skills, N'T!!!! So I thought, well I will just stop by the store, and then I just wanted to go home, curl up on the couch and sleep, sleep, sleep my life away. I was thinking, I put the azy in Lazy. I am too lazy to cook, but then thinking of the alternatives, I am also too lazy to get up, walk down the stairs, get in the car, and go out to eat too. Lazy, lazy lazy. I am sure that poor Bailey is wondering what the heck happened to her normally spastic mother.

I no longer enjoy the thoughts of climbing between the sheets to have a long nap because as soon as my stomach is horizontal and perfectly aligned with my mouth, all I want to do is vomit all over, hoping that makes me feel better.

On to house work. BAHHHHHH!! I give up because trying to "keep up" is killing me.

House shopping.... I LOVE to look at pretty houses, but WHY OH WHY can't I afford the ones I REALLY want???

Our Apartment. You know the saying, "A place for everything, and Everything in it's place." Does all over the floor and the counter tops COVERED mean it's in it's place? They don't really ever move!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for a roof over my head, but we are just bustin at the seams here!

AND,.. I totally burnt my fingers on my hot glue gun today. BLARGE!!

All in all,.. I am surviving,.. but I may be losing my mind!!

5 comments:

Abbie said...

I can't really offer you advice because I only have Ella and there isn't another on the way but I think you're brave and strong. When I think about having two kids I get really scared. Being sick sucks but also remember that you have tons of hormones going through you too so that probably makes you feel even worse.

My mission president was extremely successful financially and he told us before we left the field, "During the first 10 years of your marriage, live like no one wants to (ie: save, small house, budget) and then you will live like no one can."

I liked that quote because I think he meant that in living those 10 years like no one wants to, we'll learn important things like budgeting and doing without... to the extent that we'll have such good habits that we'll be prosperous. There are so many beautiful, colonial homes out here and I daydream about owning one... but they're at least half a million each. That won't be happening for us until we live like no one wants to for 25 years! :)

Don't know if any of that helps... just some thoughts.

Tyler & Laura said...

Isn't it amazing how after you have your first baby you sort of idealize the pregnancy you had? And then when you get pregnant again you all of the sudden remember..."Oh yeah. I remember this." It's tough! Especially because you now have a toddler to chase, where with baby #1 you got to lay down when you wanted (usually). And I, for one, think #2 is harder than #1. I hope that once you hit week 12 you feel a little more energized and not so throw-uppy!

Totally with you on house hunting. It's exhausting, even if you aren't preggers! And it's discouraging because trying to find something you like always feels like it's out of reach. Don't give up! Even if it takes a few more months, you will be able to find something you love :)

RATCH said...

Thank you for using my favorite word in your post this week. :)

BLARGE!

Mandy said...

I feel your pain....that is with the glue gun. I hate those things I always end up burning my fingers! Your so funny.

The Baker Bunch said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels completely Blah! I have such a hard time getting anything done. As for dinner, I can probably count on one hand the real meals I have made since being pregnant again.... poor Joel and Lizzie. It's rough, but I'm worried that it will only get worse when the baby comes! Awe the good ole days when it was just Joel and I..... now I wouldn't change having Lizzie for nothing, but life was so easy before. I feel your pain.... and I'm going to be using a glue gun in the next day or two, so I'm sure I'll feel that too! Well, I hope to see you Saturday!