Thursday, November 13, 2008

My heart hurts today


Watching the news lately brings much sadness to my heart. I have a strong testimony of this church, it's work, it's beliefs and I am proud to say that I BELONG and I BELIEVE in this great work. There have been many vandalism cases at churches here in Utah, along with the MANY protests at Temples across the country. Also the terrorist attack scare at the Salt Lake Temple and Los Angeles Temple.

My heart aches to think of what the early saints went through, because it was so much more than this. They left their homes, families, posessions behind to flee the persecution. I am grateful for their sacrifice!

I understand that the people who are doing all of this just don't, and can't possibly understand what they are doing.

But in all the chaos I am grateful that within the walls of that Holy Temple, House of the Lord, it is peaceful, and HE resides there. I am grateful to be raised in this dispensation when the church reins on the earth, and we have the truth and knowledge of what is right. I am MOST grateful for the SACRED ordinances performed there that allows my family to be and eternal one. It allows my mom and dad to be sealed to their mothers and fathers who didn't accept the Gospel in this life.


Just a little testimony for ya!

7 comments:

Katie Smith said...

Amen Sister. It breaks my heart what's going on. And, it makes me wonder "what's the point!" What are these people trying to prove now. The election is over...get over it!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Hey we're new to this blogging thing but add us to your list!
We completely agree. Everything going on is absolutely crazy. On a happier note... I didn't know you were expecting!!! Congratulations! What a fun way to tell your family too. I also have to say that the little picture of Bailey in the teacup is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen.

me and him said...

you are such a spiritual giant. i love you for you example amanda. the church will survive, it will not only survive, it will flurish! we are indeed blessed to be able to walk inside the walls of the House of the Lord and feel of it's peace during all the worlds' chaos. i'm afraid we will continue to see violence and other forms of evil more and more and it is now the endure to the end part that we must master! excersising charity to these people who harm us may just be the hardest part...and i love that you said they have no idea what they're doing. how true it is! you are awesome and don't you forget it! :)

btw that is a b.e.a.utiful picture of the temple!

RATCH said...

I love you! :)

Bingham Fam said...

what is going on in UTAH? I do not have tv so I have no clue? What terrorist attacks? What vandelism? That just breaks my heart.

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

Isn't it horrible? I can't watch the news without crying when they cover these stories. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the things that we do. It helps us see the bigger picture. They really don't understand what they are doing. It is heartbreaking. What a nice testimony you shared.

Alex and Anna said...

it is so sad but i loved to hear your testimony and i totally agree!!