Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easters

I LOVE Easter. There are MANY reasons why I love Easter. I was so happy to know that Easter was later this year than last because I thought that the weather would be AWESOME. Well,.. Mother Nature must have a great sense of humor, but girlfriend, this is not funny anymore. I feel bi-polar with the INSANE changes in weather. Oh well,.. Hopefully Spring will really be here soon, and Bailey and I can get outside and start on our yard that REALLY needs some help. I mean REALLY!! I will post pictures of that on a different post.
Every year Peter's AMAZING Grandma on the Robbins side has an Easter Egg hunt the day before Easter. She really is Amazing. The whole Robbins Family is amazing. I have never witnessed anything quite like it, and I mean that in the BEST way, REALLY! The Easter Egg hunt is something anticipated for by all, for weeks in advance. I think it has been hosted at SpringHaven since it was built. But we all gather there, eat a feast of Robbins proportions, featuring a bazillion AMAZING salads. It's no surprise that I stuff my self into oblivion. (I do that at MOST meals these days!) A Lesson is shared, whilst Eggs are hidden. The kids are split into groups by age to make the race fair.
"lella" Ella is hilarious!! So is Sammie. I love this picture!
We were excited to see how Bailey reacted to getting the eggs and putting them in her basket. It ended up that she found one egg, shook it, and had a hard time putting it down to find more. She did like to get the "pik" (pink) ones. Those were her favorite. We opened one for her to eat, it was full of jelly beans, and I don't know why, but she INSISTS on STUFFING her face with as many beans as she could fit into her mouth. This included drool of a changing color, and a few choking sessions.
Daddy,.. I'm ready to go!!!!(we forgot her basket. I don't have a brain!)
Humm,... Marshmallow,... Another Egg,.. what to do!???

We usually hide them out side, but it wasn't hard to find some pretty cool places to hide eggs for the older kids too!! See the green egg up there!? There was another one higher,.. I don't know how they got them up there, but the kids LOVED it!
Thanks for the help Grandma!

Saturday night, we decided to get together with the Bateman family for our Easter feast. It was delish! Maybe it was having my mom here to help, but Ham is pretty easy to fix!! I was worried that I was signing up for something more like Thanksgiving, (which I am sure will be hosted at our house this year!) but I was glad it wasn't THAT much work. I also successfully pawned off most of the left overs which is good for my waist line, or bra size, that seems to be where the weight is going anyway, I KNOW,.. that was the last thing I needed! Dr. Bindrup,.. here I come!!!

This is Spencer being sneaky and when Bailey had a few eggs in her basket, Spence came and grabbed them, and put them in his basket. Bailey didn't even notice!!!

I didn't have a chance to get cute pictures of Bailey in her Easter Dress today, but I will take her out tomorrow and get some before Mother Nature pulls another fast one on me!

Just a short funny Bailey moment that went in the journal today. The other day I had Bailey sitting on the counter and I was sitting on a stool in front of her and she was playing with my hair and being so sweet, and then all of the sudden she takes the little hand full of hair she had in her hand and tried to put it up my nose. I about DIED laughing, and then reprimanded Peter for teaching her such a thing, when Peter informed me that he taught her nothing of the sort. What a silly baby. She is also currently rubbing her face on,...... I can't say it,...... peter's feet...... BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feet are so GROSS!! YUCK!!!

How did she get this big!? I showed her this picture and she said, "baby,.. coote!"

5 comments:

Amy C. said...

Looks like you got some good pictures with that big camera! It was fabulosly fun -and always fun to be with your cute family!

me and him said...

i would have to agree with bailey.. "baby is coote!" looks like so much fun. i love big family gatherings like that when holidays roll around! you're a lucky gal!

Amanda said...

Aww, so cute! We had so much fun at your house, and also ate ourselves into oblivion! Good times. I love that even Bailey thinks she's cute...cause dang, she is!

Also, you totally should go to India...and if you go, maybe I'll go back too!

Jess said...

You have such a funny little girl! Sounds like you had a great Easter!

Mandy said...

I love the picture with the marshmellow and the yellow egg...such a dilema! She looks so grown up in these pictures!