Sunday, August 9, 2009

Big Kid Trips

I have A LOT to post about, and I'm not promising it's all going to happen this week,.. but be prepared for pretty much a post a day, that is if Chloe will stop eating for maybe an hour a day, AND OR, Bailey stops randomly puking because all she wants to eat is Milk and Apple Juice.


So here were Go!
This year we were SUPER lucky! Peter's parents planned, and executed two separate vacations, one for the girls and one for the boys,.. Adults Only vacations,.. Thanks Jan and Lynn!!
The girls went to New York City and Boston in March. I never blogged it, but I meant to. Here are a few pictures of that.

Probably the longest flight/night ever. Catching the Red Eye when you are 6 months pregnant,.. not a very good idea.
Our first day in the Big Apple on the double-decker bus
Me, Emily, Rachel, and Megan
We were trying to re-create the Wicked poster,.. did it work!?

We got to see West Side Story, it was GREAT, but a little disappointing at the same time. They changed it and made it more scandalous and risque. ANNOYING!!

My Sister Deb (who lives an hour outside NYC) met us for a day. It was SOO fun to spend time with her. I sure love her and miss her a lot! We are tizight! All the girls in Time Square after WICKED!!!!!
Wicked was VERY high on my "Bucket List" like 2nd to having more children. It exceeded ALL my expectations. It took me a few minutes to get over the fact that it wasn't Kristen Chennoweth on stage, but once I got over that, I was IN LOVE!! really,.. I was giggling that whole day.
{AMAZING!}
I Missed the good shot of the Statue of Liberty because I was too tired to stand up. I know,.. I'm Pathetic!

Boston, it was REALLY rainy but we found AMAZING pastries, totally worth it!

We took an afternoon and went up to Salem. It was SO fun! I think all the Wickens that were there thought our group of blonde witches were really odd.
I just realized that I don't have any pictures of the World Trade Center on this computer. It was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Second favorite thing we did, Wicked being Numero Uno! It was AMAZING to go there, and STRONGLY suggest it to anyone and everyone!

{ALASKA}

I don't know a whole lot about these pictures but I will try my hardest to get it right.

Some glacier in Juneau

{Notice,.. Peter is standing and walking without a crutch! What a happy thing!!}

Peter's first encounter with Crab,.. he said it wasn't too bad!

Frozen Wave,.. well that's what it looks like anyway. Notice the little bird on top of it

The boys and their loot. Peter was disappointed that he didn't catch anything very big this year but our freezer is full either way, and I am content with that!

On the little plane home. The boxes stacked in the back are what they brought the fish home in.

Note: Jason beard growing cheater;) (on the left) Not only did he secretly start growing his beard early, but he also colored it to make it seem thicker. tisk tisk Jason!

Good Bye Pybus Point,.. for a few years anyway!

Coming Up Next: What the girls did while(why ;)) the men were away!

7 comments:

Mel and David said...

Hey! I have a picture on my blog of the same glacier that Peter went to! Whoa! Tell him we are twinners. I want to see wicked again SO SOON! Lets go! mmKay! p.s. I love your guts

RATCH said...

WHY YOU GOT TO MAKE FUN OF MY ENGLISH!? JK it is funny! PS EMAIL ME THE PICKS OF US THAT NIGHT IN TIMES SQUARE!!! I will email you the picks from this past week etc. too.

Justin and Ashley said...

Wow both those trips seem like tons of fun! I would die to be able to see Wicked one day!!

Amy C. said...

I can't believe they have beards! Weird! Whey didn't Lynn join in on that fun? I don't think I have ever seen Andy with facial hair.

me and him said...

this could be the single most awesome idea i've ever heard of a family doing! and i think that the only way i could ever benefit from something this cool is if i pretended to be in your family. i could dye my hair blonde, i could work on my jokes, i could even try to have a baby girl if it would help!

RATCH said...

Ummmm. I believe we were promised a post a day. Aahhhemm.
:)

Todd and Kara said...

Ok New York and Alaska? Wow. Awesome!