Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Birfday!

Today is my sister-in-law Amanda's Birthday and let me just tell you,.. Amanda and I not only share our first name, (we used to share first AND last names, boy was THAT confusing!) but we share a lot more. I call Amanda my twinner. It's probably because I want to be just like her, but I think we have a LOT in common. I have always really looked up to her and wanted to be just like her.
I remember the first time I met Amanda. I was in 7th grade and Dave(her husband and my brosuf) brought her home to "meet the family". It was my 13th(I think) birthday. Dave got me out of school for lunch and took his "Amandas" to Dos Machos. I remember thinking, I want hair like her!!! (which was like 9 feet long and dark and pretty). I remember creepily watching Dave and Amanda interact thinking,.. he better freaking marry her, cause I REALLY like her!


THANKS DAVE!!! You picked a winner,.. and my twinner!?
{I know,.. I'm HILARIOUS!}


Well Amanda, Happy Birthday! I sure love you and am glad you are part of my family!! You are AMAZING!! Have a GREAT day!!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

First of all, I LOVE you too! I'm so lucky to have you as a sister =). And second of all, you are WAY too nice! I do remember when we first met too, and we took you out of school for a birthday lunch...ahhh, we have come so far =). I think you're great! Thanks for the birthday wishes!

p.s. that picture must've been in the "moon face" period. i'm slowing coming out of that period, i hope!

Katie Smith said...

What a sweet tribute to your 'twinner.' I love your new family picture!